Cooling Suggestion

Kinuubi

I wanted to see what you more experienced builders would suggest for a cooling unit for my build. My build is here and this is the fan. I plan on running this to primarilaly game and it will be on for hours, mostly on weekends. When it's not gaming it would be used for casual browsing and Netflix. Is the fan I have good enough for the build or would a different one be better?

That fan is great :)

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Solid cooler and extremely popular due to it performing really well for the money spent on it

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

That fan is great :)

Solid cooler and extremely popular due to it performing really well for the money spent on it

Thanks a lot guys! Really fast response time on the forums. Another question is that will it be noisy? (doesn't really matter much to be, I just don't want it disturbing other people)

While the 212 evo is a great cooler, i personally think it is for more mild overclocking. i highly recommend getting a Cryorig H7. It is thicker and will allow for more Overclocking. You can even run push-pull on the radiator for max airflow/pressure. It's around 30-40 bucks but for some reason, pcpartpicker does not find the pricetag

While the 212 evo is a great cooler, i personally think it is for more mild overclocking. i highly recommend getting a Cryorig H7. It is thicker and will allow for more Overclocking. You can even run push-pull on the radiator for max airflow/pressure. It's around 30-40 bucks but for some reason, pcpartpicker does not find the pricetag

I might change my cooler to the cryorig h7 like you suggested. My build isn't 100% finalized yet. I like to get more opinions/suggestions before committing. Thanks!

I might change my cooler to the cryorig h7 like you suggested. My build isn't 100% finalized yet. I like to get more opinions/suggestions before committing. Thanks!

Sure. Liquid cool the chip if you have the cash. Im planning to upgrade my cooler later to a Kraken X41 or X61.

Custom water loop. Water cool EVERYTHING! /s Just a AIO for your cpu and hopefully you bought the hybrid or a aftermarket cooler 980ti. If not Custom loop baby!

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.

Sure. Liquid cool the chip if you have the cash. Im planning to upgrade my cooler later to a Kraken X41 or X61.

Custom water loop. Water cool EVERYTHING! /s Just a AIO for your cpu and hopefully you bought the hybrid or a aftermarket cooler 980ti. If not Custom loop baby!

I was thinking water cooling too, but I don't want to mess around with it and mess up. My friend did tell me to get an AOI water cooler and i think it was the Kraken too. I probably will have the budget to take out the fan for a water cooler.

I was thinking water cooling too, but I don't want to mess around with it and mess up. My friend did tell me to get an AOI water cooler and i think it was the Kraken too. I probably will have the budget to take out the fan for a water cooler.

Honestly when I water cooled my main rig I knew 0% of what I was doing. If you follow the instructions you should be fine. It's easier then you think. Just make sure your compression or regular barb fittings are secure and your good to go. Putting a water block on is really easy as well. EK sells a kit the 360L that would have everything you need to cool a cpu and a 980ti. You just need to buy the water block. All the parts come with clear instructions from EK. It was really simple and you'd learn a lot doing it. Expand-ability and upgradeability is also a selling point of custom water loops. If you wanted to do this I would be willing to help you through pm.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Honestly when I water cooled my main rig I knew 0% of what I was doing. If you follow the instructions you should be fine. It's easier then you think. Just make sure your compression or regular barb fittings are secure and your good to go. Putting a water block on is really easy as well. EK sells a kit the 360L that would have everything you need to cool a cpu and a 980ti. You just need to buy the water block. All the parts come with clear instructions from EK. It was really simple and you'd learn a lot doing it. Expand-ability and upgradeability is also a selling point of custom water loops. If you wanted to do this I would be willing to help you through pm.

For a first build I might just get an AIO water cooler and when I build another or upgrade I'll probably do a custome water cooling loop. Thank you though!

For a first build I might just get an AIO water cooler and when I build another or upgrade I'll probably do a custome water cooling loop. Thank you though!

No problem computers became a big hobby of mine lately. Im always willing to help people hardware wise. If in the future you need help with anything just shoot me a pm.

No problem computers became a big hobby of mine lately. Im always willing to help people hardware wise. If in the future you need help with anything just shoot me a pm.

Thanks. I was thinking the Kraken x61 like Colt suggested. Is that a good AIO cooler, or do you recommend something else?

Thanks. I was thinking the Kraken x61 like Colt suggested. Is that a good AIO cooler, or do you recommend something else?

I would go with corsair they have always been good to me and have been used in all my builds. However I'm sure the other AIO is good I haven't had personal experience with it. I would look for is longevity and pump noise when you look at reviews of the AIO. Also a 120/140mm radiator is enough for cooling a cpu, if your going to overclock it get a 240/280mm radiator. Jayztwocents has a good video on how much rad space is needed for cooling.