Awesome combination (Hardware)

So I was looking around to see if SLI 980 Ti's would get bottlenecked by a i7-4790k, turns out, by one persons comment, it won't.

So I continued on my trip through PCPartPicker, as I do from time to time, and found an awesome combination for a colour scheme!

773a2495b6bc59205e0b503165008fd7.med.160f0923dd62dd944f269f1179e33678986.1600.jp

I think it's time to actually build a PC using a black and white theme as these 2 would be AWESOME together, what do you guys think?

I'd honestly go with the Gigabyte Z97 Black Edition, it's just some of my OCD (matching mobo and gpu) and owning a Gigabyte Motherboard and GPU I absolutely love it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Looks good to me. 980Ti's in SLI? What games do you play?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Yeah, it's a shame that graphics cards are installed with the fancy looking side facing down and the ugly backplate facing up.

Unless you have a reverse ATX case from eg Caselabs, of course. Like I do.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Personally, I have a i5-4590 and an HD5770 and barely get 30FPS on Witcher 3 at the lowest settings at 1080p, I am forced to lower the resolution, as for what games do I play? Just about anything I can get my greedy fingers on, though as you just read, I'm kind of limited by hardware.

Yeah, it's a shame that graphics cards are installed with the fancy looking side facing down and the ugly backplate facing up.

So true  <_<

As for the OP, I can't even see the silver side bits on my G1 980Ti so I would go for any colour combo you want, the LED on the 980Ti is colour changeable anyway!

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Looks good to me. 980Ti's in SLI? What games do you play?

well 144Hz 1440p is quite demanding if you want 144 FPS all the time /most of the time. .

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Personally, I have a i5-4590 and an HD5770 and barely get 30FPS on Witcher 3 at the lowest settings at 1080p, I am forced to lower the resolution, as for what games do I play? Just about anything I can get my greedy fingers on, though as you just read, I'm kind of limited by hardware.

Well, if you're even a little serious about that pcpartpicker there... you won't really be limited by hardware for a loooooooooooong time. That colour scheme looks baller, though.

well 144Hz 1440p is quite demanding if you want 144 FPS all the time /most of the time. .

This is also true, but even when going SLI 980 TI's, you cannot expect to hit 144hz all the time unless you are lowering some settings.

Personally I'm looking at SLI 980 Ti's G1 Edition and then going with that lovely Acer XB270HU monitor.

This is also true, but even when going SLI 980 TI's, you cannot expect to hit 144hz all the time unless you are lowering some settings.

Personally I'm looking at SLI 980 Ti's G1 Edition and then going with that lovely Acer XB270HU monitor.

I wish I could spend that much on gaming stuff now. :P Hope all goes well once you build it.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I wish I could spend that much on gaming stuff now. :P Hope all goes well once you build it.

Well this would be my first gaming build ever, the last PC and the current were my fathers old work machines and then we just threw in a GPU and updated the CPU a long the line.

go 4k

I've never done anything above 1440p and mind you the only 1440p I've personally experienced is by watching someone else at a lan.

I would look at 4k but I'd rather wait until something like the Pascul GPU's are here so that way we might get a stable 60fps at 4k+, I'm sure I could get 60fps stable with SLI 980 Ti's with high-ultra, but I want buttery smooth games at 144hz/G-Sync :P

I think it's time to actually build a PC using a black and white theme as these 2 would be AWESOME together, what do you guys think?

that actually is not white on the GPU.. it is silver (from J2C review) it'd be kinda

close, but deffo a clash of color.

that actually is not white on the GPU.. it is silver (from J2C review) it'd be kinda

close, but deffo a clash of color.

That's a bummer, actually trying to decide what GPU/Monitor combination I want.

It's expensive to go SLI 980 Ti and XB270HU being $2200-$2300 just from that alone.

While I could look at the XB240HU and a single 980 Ti for just under $1200.

The major problem in my decision is that I've never used this 144hz G-sync tech but from what I understand it just makes the gameplay a lot smoother and then it comes down to what can I afford in the end.