How come my gadgets don't always show up?

RadSalacan

Title says it all.  How come they don't always show up when I boot my system?  Sometimes a restart fixes it and other times it doesn't.  I only run 3 of them but I like to at least have coretemp running so I can monitor my stuff.  Any help is very appreciated.....Running windows 7 on an i7 4790k, 16 gigs ram, 780 SLi. yatta yatta yatta....thanks!

Possibly missing drivers for motherboard headers?

Not that kind of gadgets lol.  I mean desktop gadgets, like the weather app and clock and those things.

Ohhh, I'd try possibly reinstalling the applications if you haven't already. Do a complete clean install, however if you're gonna use any desktops gadgets I'd use rainmeter if you aren't already.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

You do realize that those gadgets are unsafe, right?

Anyway, sometimes they can be minimized, not sure how to fix it.

You do realize that those gadgets are unsafe, right?

Anyway, sometimes they can be minimized, not sure how to fix it.

You're telling me the clock and system status gadget hat come pre-installed with windows and have no connection to the internet are....unsafe?  How exactly?

Also, they are not just minimized.  When I attempt to open them by right clicking the desktop and navigating to the gadgets tab it simply won't even show.

Ohhh, I'd try possibly reinstalling the applications if you haven't already. Do a complete clean install, however if you're gonna use any desktops gadgets I'd use rainmeter if you aren't already.

If rainmeter is a weather gadget then I don't need it.  I was simply using the weather gadget as an example to explain what I meant by gadget.  Thanks though.

You're telling me the clock and system status gadget hat come pre-installed with windows and have no connection to the internet are....unsafe?  How exactly?

Also, they are not just minimized.  When I attempt to open them by right clicking the desktop and navigating to the gadgets tab it simply won't even show.

You can Google the following:

"Desktop gadgets unsafe"

Plenty of results, it's an official statement from Microsoft...

I used to be on Windows 7 (Now 8.1) and I had those gadgets and one day they just stopped working properly for me.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

You can Google the following:

"Desktop gadgets unsafe"

Plenty of results, it's an official statement from Microsoft...

Everything I read says not to use ones you download from the internet, of which I use 1 that I have used and trusted for years now.  The other 2 are bundled with windows 7 and make no use of any internet communication.  I feel totally confident in the ones I use as being safe.  Still don't know why they don't show up upon boot up though.

I used to be on Windows 7 (Now 8.1) and I had those gadgets and one day they just stopped working properly for me.

Yeah, I'll be making the swap to 10 when it's available so I guess I'll just have to see what my options are when then happens.

Yeah, I'll be making the swap to 10 when it's available so I guess I'll just have to see what my options are when then happens.

I believe there's an update that disables the gadgets... but I'm not sure as I stopped using them a loooooong time ago, they delay boot time quite a bit...