IPv4 Internet address out of stock

jos

just look at this number

b02639da59.png

how people expect something to be fixed if they don't even know what is broken

when I ask people, What is your IP number most of them didn't even know.

when you need to apply this for whole network, I doubt you can even remotely remember your IP range for your home network without taking a note.

Thats not quite true the last bit you mention, A home address (I assume you mean private IP) would start with FE80::1 >2>3>3 etc ... you are still correct, its hard to remember :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

IPv6 is going to be so much more complicated :( I'm really not looking forward to it...

Another sign that we need to deploy IPv6 on a larger scale sooner rather than later, but if Google's Statistics is anything to go by, it's going to take quite a while.

Yes IPv4 > IPv6 transition will not be easy and there will certainly be some growing pains, but in the longer perspective it is necessary.

I wonder though. Is it possible to run the WAN all ipv6 and have the lan ipv4? Because I really wouldn't like ipv4 on my lan...

And I wonder how long the actual switch would take, surely most of their equipment is already capable

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Why have we not fully implemented IPv6 yet?

Because legacy equipment is still in use.

Am I justifying it? Nope. But understand that it is a HUGE undertaking. 

It was those aliens in the NASA video, they only came for our rarest commodity and took all our IP's back to mars.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I for one welcome our new IPv6 overlords.

You must be stupid not to, otherwise you die when IPv4 is dead.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

Thats not quite true the last bit you mention, A home address (I assume you mean private IP) would start with FE80::1 >2>3>3 etc ... you are still correct, its hard to remember :P

This is why DNS is very important with IPv6.

I wonder though. Is it possible to run the WAN all ipv6 and have the lan ipv4? Because I really wouldn't like ipv4 on my lan...

And I wonder how long the actual switch would take, surely most of their equipment is already capable

I was wondering that as well, but I have doubts about it. The router would have to translate everything to IPv6 everytime you need to talk outside. There would have to be an IPv4-IPv6 translation table in the router (much like the ARP table to translate MAC and IPv4) so that each frames/paquets coming from LAN and going to WAN gets put an IPv6 address instead of the IPv4. I know there's the IPv6toIPv4 but I don't know if the opposite exists.

Like other members pointed out but I also heard that IPv4 is easier to track and such.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Like other members pointed out but I also heard that IPv4 is easier to track and such.

I....don't know if that is true or not. Considering the sheer amount of addresses available for IPv6, the thought of everyone and every device having its own address, makes me think IPv6 is more trackable.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I....don't know if that is true or not. Considering the sheer amount of addresses available for IPv6, the thought of everyone and every device having its own address, makes me think IPv6 is more trackable.

I'm not sure too but Wendell from Tek Syndicate said that on one of Tek episodes so...

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

ip 6 adoption is slow because every ip6 is public this means that you need to do extra work to protect your internal network that means routers need to be tighter and you need to replace all of your back end

massive expenises

Freudian slip? lol

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

I'm not sure too but Wendell from Tek Syndicate said that on one of Tek episodes so...

Yeah, if a wizard like Wendell says it, I know that I've nothing to argue with. I google searched my way through my last networking class so....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because U.S.

The same reason the U.S hasn't even partially implemented the metric system and is the only country that uses expressely the arbitrary mm/dd/yyyy system - because the U.S seems to be absolutely incapable of changing their standards. Why change IPv4 if it still works?

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

IPv6 has been ready to go for a while now. I'm not sure what they are waiting on. 

I feel like it wouldnt be too hard to just add another 256 digits to IPv4 which would bring it to over a trillion IPs...

My ip is 199.102.3.92.17 would be much easier than fd9f:5e8b:cd7b::/48

I feel like it wouldnt be too hard to just add another 256 digits to IPv4 which would bring it to over a trillion IPs...

My ip is 199.102.3.92.17 would be much easier than fd9f:5e8b:cd7b::/48

:lol: