What is your current project(s)?

thefatshizms

What are you working on programming-wise? Now that its summer holidays for me and many other students, I have much more free time and obviously that means more time for projects!

My projects are as follows:

1. Research the insides of the linux operating system -- mainly the kernal and create a report on my findings.
  2. Create an operating system (small...very small) in C
  3. Finish my webserver which is written in C and add the feature for plugins to be dynamically loaded and unloaded (.dll & .so)
  4. OpenGL stuff -- Mainly getting to grips with the API, seeing what I can do etc
  5. Research OpenGL -- With help from what I've already accomplished I will read into the functions of the API, how each function works both software and hardware wise and create a report of my findings
  6. Play around in unity -- Just make some cool silly "games" and experiment with the engine.

I'll also be reading some of my programming books :P

- upgrade my PC (for now ghetto something together)

- own (small) game

- Bionicles

- Play some games (got Metroid Prime, yaaaay)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

clean my current room and find a studio apartment for myself (currently living with 2 other people that I don't like)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Programming probably gets to grips with UE 4, do some more 3d work for models for games. Arduino a little bit of programminghere and  there, still need to get a soldering iron to solder some contacts to a display I got for the uno. I was going to build a drone too, however don't really know where to get started with it. Maybe buy a 3D printer but they're rather expensive too.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

idk getting money for a lg29um67 oh yeah and making a small game in unity

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Programming probably gets to grips with UE 4, do some more 3d work for models for games. Arduino a little bit of programminghere and  there, still need to get a soldering iron to solder some contacts to a display I got for the uno. I was going to build a drone too, however don't really know where to get started with it. Maybe buy a 3D printer but they're rather expensive too.

Oh that's cool! I've been looking at the Arduino recently as well as FPGA boards so I can do some HDL on them (though I'm unsure if Arduino supports that).

Learn python + django (or node.js).

Understand and use MVC, applied to the previous point for some project TBD, maybe a simple game agar.io style

Current side projects not including my job are:

- Finishing my windows file encrypter ( AES & RSA ) that works with text and images

- Cryptovirus development, (playing partially as an offshoot to my file encrypter, encrypts harddrive of user using RSA public key, holds files at ransom)

-writing a book on Windows Phone tutorial ( for this forum and my personal blog ....stay tuned)

- Unity (I do contract work in games development)

- Minecraft server hosting ( have my own server box with Windows 2012 r2 datacenter :) )

I'm currently build a text based game. It about cryto mining where you mine coins to buy better GPUs to make more, PVP and a "company" where you team up to work for coins and bonuses.

Just a hobby so i'm taking a while still fun to code stuff in the gap between courses.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

• Learn C++
  • Finish learn Assembly
  • Get user agent faking working on Static
  • Finish the 3 games I'm working on
  • Finish my 4-bit Minecraft computer
  • Create a compiler for the 'programming language' I designed for my Casio scientific calculator
  • Work on making my fork of Quibbler called 'Quibby' more anonymous and buy a CHIP to host it on when CHIP comes out.

I'm currently build a text based game. It about cryto mining where you mine coins to buy better GPUs to make more, PVP and a "company" where you team up to work for coins and bonuses.

Just a hobby so i'm taking a while still fun to code stuff in the gap between courses.

This is a very cool idea, you should post it on GameJolt when you finish and send me a link

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Currently I'm working with a small team on a game

• Work some more on my MVC web framework

Create a Puppet module for Drush

Improve my Puppet module for Composer

I've been working on multiple projects with java, my current one is called Aya, since im on windows 8.1 I decided to use java and play around with global keyboard commands, the aim is to make a program that adds keyboard commands for aiding with typical pc keyboard commands, things such as image scaling/compressing, instead of having to open the program, I want to be able to highlight the images hit in a keyboard command and boom sorted, I also have it able to copy any pixel colour from the screen and cycle between what i want to paste. I've added plenty for features including a better screenshotting system than what windows has. 

For the near future is to upgrade my PC, for the next year is to buy a proper car and for the distant future is to set up a computer shop where I can build PCs.

Working on a GUI for my anime viewer, definitely not one of Python's strong points.