Apex M800

Pool
Go to solution Solved by ChineseChef,

Thanks fo the tips! 

I see, seems like a lot of trouble... I hope I wont run into that problem if I order it. Would you recommend ordering it on steelseries official website for that matter ? Or is it the same amount of trouble whether I buy it in their store or not ?

Have you tried to plug your mouse through the keyboard USB ?

Can you use the profil keys as normal keys ?

Can you do customizable macros like repeat E x3 and then wait 1sec repeat again ?

No idea about buying from a different vendor, I simply got mine from the Steelseries website.  But I assume support would be the same if you had to deal with Steelseries for any warranty work.

I did not plug anything into the keyboard USB ports, mostly cause I have a few USB hubs on my desk already, so the keyboard ports were not needed by me.  But they are placed in a good spot.

The macro keys can be programed to do pretty much anything you want, but I don't really use them or have much need of them personally.  They are far enough away that they won't get in the way if you don't want them, but close enough that you don't have to reach super far if you do want them.

I'd like to know if anyone has the Apex M800 and could give me personnal feed backs of the keyboard.

I would like to know as well how it compares to MX RED and if big hands/fingers are a problem with it.

For point one, I heard it was not that well recieved by many people and they said it was quite overpriced.

Point two, watch LinusTechTips's own review on it, he summarizes it near the end IIRC: 

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

For point one, I heard it was not that well recieved by many people and they said it was quite overpriced.

Point two, watch LinusTechTips's own review on it, he summarizes it near the end IIRC: 

Thanks for your reply.

I heard about how overpriced it is and I saw the video but I would like to hear normal people who actually bought it makes comment about it as I can't seem to find an objective review of that keyboard.

I had one.  I liked it a lot.  Then it stopped working randomly.  Then it took 5 weeks to get a replacement.  Just got the new one today.  And 5 of the F# keys don't light up.  So back to RMA it goes.  Not sure if I want to risk getting another dud in a month when it finally comes back.

As far as how it feels.  The keys are a bit low in the frame for my taste, but you adjust to them.  I really like the feel of the keys themselves and programmable lighting effects.  That said, the lights aren't unique to this keyboard by any means.  I really wish you could get it without the macro keys, as I personally don't like or want them, but they don't overly get in the way.

The cable is a good length, and the keyboard sits at a nice height.  If you have any specific questions I can answer them.  I don't have any red's to compare it to, and my hands are average sized.

@Pool, don't forget to follow your own posts.

I had one.  I liked it a lot.  Then it stopped working randomly.  Then it took 5 weeks to get a replacement.  Just got the new one today.  And 5 of the F# keys don't light up.  So back to RMA it goes.  Not sure if I want to risk getting another dud in a month when it finally comes back.

As far as how it feels.  The keys are a bit low in the frame for my taste, but you adjust to them.  I really like the feel of the keys themselves and programmable lighting effects.  That said, the lights aren't unique to this keyboard by any means.  I really wish you could get it without the macro keys, as I personally don't like or want them, but they don't overly get in the way.

The cable is a good length, and the keyboard sits at a nice height.  If you have any specific questions I can answer them.  I don't have any red's to compare it to, and my hands are average sized.

@Pool, don't forget to follow your own posts.

Thanks fo the tips! 

I see, seems like a lot of trouble... I hope I wont run into that problem if I order it. Would you recommend ordering it on steelseries official website for that matter ? Or is it the same amount of trouble whether I buy it in their store or not ?

Can you do customizable macros like repeat E x3 and then wait 1sec repeat again ?

Thanks fo the tips! 

No idea about buying from a different vendor, I simply got mine from the Steelseries website.  But I assume support would be the same if you had to deal with Steelseries for any warranty work.

I did not plug anything into the keyboard USB ports, mostly cause I have a few USB hubs on my desk already, so the keyboard ports were not needed by me.  But they are placed in a good spot.

The macro keys can be programed to do pretty much anything you want, but I don't really use them or have much need of them personally.  They are far enough away that they won't get in the way if you don't want them, but close enough that you don't have to reach super far if you do want them.