WB knew Arkham Knight PC was a mess months ago says company employees (Updated with Video source)

Master Disaster

It was pretty obvious Warner Bros. knew about this on launch day, when it was brought to light that they released no PC review code. Any launch day reviews were of the mostly fine console versions. It certainly makes it look like they knew the PC game was a mess and attempted to hide it from impatient launch day buyers for as long as they could.

It was pretty obvious Warner Bros. knew about this on launch day, when it was brought to light that they released no PC review code. Any launch day reviews were of the mostly fine console versions. It certainly makes it look like they knew the PC game was a mess and attempted to hide it from impatient launch day buyers for as long as they could.

In the original article it says they didn't release any preview copies of the game (even on console) claiming they were worried about story spoilers.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm not clicking anything Kotaku.

As for the news itself, it is mind boggling. How incompetent can a company be allowed to be? Well apparently not this much. So glad Valve finally stepped up with a refund system, that is fair and useful. I assume that is the only real reason the game ended up being pulled from the store. Ratings was through the ground, but no company cares as long as they sell anyways. Glad to see consumer revolt working.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

FPS aside the game still has serious issues. I cannot complete riddlers case unless it is patched, see one of the 243 riddles doesn't work.

MINOR SPOILER YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

At the front of the riddler's hideout there is a trophy, I can complete the riddle as it is supposed to be complete but I cannot pick up the trophy because it is glitched, I have tested several times. I can almost be inside the small ball that contains the trophy, but no prompt to pick it up.

The interaction is buggy in other places as well, I need to stand in a certain spot to interact with the firemen.

There's still some minor stuff, but I thought Origins was a lot worse in terms of game breaking bugs, and Arkham City had the infamous "delete your saved game" bug which happened to me twice before they fixed it. 

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Oh look, further proof of publishers and consoles harming the industry.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

In the original article it says they didn't release any preview copies of the game (even on console) claiming they were worried about story spoilers.

I had this article from RPS in mind. To be specific,

"No PC review code was sent out, while console code was with reviewers in time for a day 0 judgement – that’s always mighty suspicious."

I can only take their word for it. But consider that Polygon and IGN both dated their reviews June 19th, while the game released on all platforms on the 23rd. To even post a review on launch day usually requires review code several days to a week in advance for most outlets.

Woooooow wtffffff

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I had this article from RPS in mind. To be specific,

"No PC review code was sent out, while console code was with reviewers in time for a day 0 judgement – that’s always mighty suspicious."

I can only take their word for it. But Polygon's review is dated June 19th, and the game released on all platforms on the 23rd. To even post a review on launch day usually requires review code several days to a week in advance for most outlets.

To be fair your article seems to be more accurate than the Kotaku one in relation to review code plus thinking back many sites did have reviews ready on launch day and many were good, seem to remember IGN released a mixed review the day before it released too in fact, I remember seeing it posted on Steam Discussion hub. There was certainly no clue just how bad the PC version was until it released which indicates all reviews were based on Console versions.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

we should stop buying AAA titles and focus our moneys on indie developers and smaller companies. 

I stopped buying and preorder games since battlefield 4. 

I always wait for release, try the game out then not only if it works performance wise but i like polished and good gameplay/graphics for 2015era  that is worth the money, else i wont even come close to the buy button.

Others dont care and they keep preordering.

Sadly idk any good indie games,theres ton's out there but they seem like weak games with little fun.

While WB deserves some heavy criticism for the new Batman game, the article is just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you've read interviews or listened to podcasts where they talk to developers, most game are pretty rough up until very close to release.

The last few months are pretty much always used as optimization and bug fixing time in game development so criticizing the game for being mess months before release really misleading.

You don't want to spend time fixing things when the game is still in development and things are very fluid and can change from day to day.

Jesus, they were logging hundreds of bugs per day?!

I thought it was a bit much if I logged more than 5 (what with having to go back and replay the last ~ten minutes or so and try to replicate what I did, wrapping it up in developer-speak and sending it off it can take an hour to write up a particularly tricky bug - or one where I need to be damn sure it can be reproduced because it is the kind of bug that causes an announced and publicized release to be pushed back by a week) :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

While WB deserves some heavy criticism for the new Batman game, the article is just trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you've read interviews or listened to podcasts where they talk to developers, most game are pretty rough up until very close to release.

The last few months are pretty much always used as optimization and bug fixing time in game development so criticizing the game for being mess months before release really misleading.

You don't want to spend time fixing things when the game is still in development and things are very fluid and can change from day to day.

Did you read it all? It says the devs and QA teams were logging hundreds of bugs everyday but WB told the dev team to ignore PC bugs and concentrate on fixing the console version. Sure all games have bugs during development but this is the first time I've ever heard of devs being told to ignore one platform in favour of the others.

this is awful. I support delaying games for as long as needed in return for a finished product.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

i can imagine the room at WB

fuck PC what are they gonna do, get a refund?

er sir steam have started allowing refunds

fuck

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

i can imagine the room at WB

fuck PC what are they gonna do, get a refund?

er sir steam have started allowing refunds

fuck

Yeah exactly this. When they decided to screw us over Steam didn't offer refunds so they thought "Fuck it, they can't do anything once they've bought it" then 2 months before release Steam offer refunds. It's seem to be a bit of a coincidence that they gave IGS 2 months with the game, exactly the time between steam refunds starting and the game launching.

And this is why I say fuck AAA publishers......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And this is why I say fuck AAA publishers......

Few, not all, let's be honest here. Even though a good reputation doesn't guarantee a good game nowadays. I just hope the remaining few don't fall under this trend.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Another AAA publisher that doesn't care about PC gaming, what's new?

I am absolutely shocked that WB Games would lie to us.

Said no one ever.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

In other news, water is wet.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

we should stop buying AAA titles and focus our moneys on indie developers and smaller companies. 

But some of them are soooo gooood :(

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

This is why you don't preorder. At least on PC anyway.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

You guys seem like steam refunds had a big play with them having to stop the sales for Batman, it wasnt.

The thing that hurt them was the massive backlash that they took, it hurt sales badly, on all consoles, bad reviews of the game went everywhere. The backlash had a big play with the investors (too long to write how).

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...