Our prayers have been answered: YouTube 60FPS is now available on Android and iOS

asim1999

FINALLY! am so happy about this!

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/46252/youtube-android-ios-now-supports-60fps-playback/index.html

Google has been on top of the upgrades to YouTube lately, with 60FPS support across YouTube for a little while now, but now the mobile apps have been updated to support high frame rate (HFR).

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/46252/youtube-android-ios-now-supports-60fps-playback/index.html

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

YES! I can finally show people what 60 FPS looks like compared to 30

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Gg Boyz too bad my interest went out, and I'm stuck using mobile atm.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I could have sworn it was on iOS already...

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

No thanks the majority of hand held camera work makes me sick when on YouTube's 60 fps

I could have sworn it was on iOS already...

nope, i think it looked like 60 because of videos being rendered at 60fps 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

i actually couldn't care less..

Honestly i prefer videos at 30FPS, it just feels better then 60FPS for videos, gaming on the otherhand is a diffrent story.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

that makes some sense

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

Am I the only person left in the world who doesn't give a fuck how many frames youtube is in?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

What?

60 fps would only be useful for fast-paced scenes though and/or if planning to do a little slow-mo (0,5x speed, not much slower to be honest). For most stuff, it's dead weight: doubles the file size, thus increases uploading and rendering time.

30 fps is enough for most video content. Games are a different story, but who expects to play mobile games at 60 fps?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

What?

a video looks less "choppy" due to being rendered at a higher framerate, even though it i still the same framerate

Hard to explain

a video looks less "choppy" due to being rendered at a higher framerate, even though it i still the same framerate

Hard to explain

No this would show each frame twice thus it wouldn't change anything.

If you want an effect you have to use frame creation by optical flow.

I prefer 24/30fps for real life videos who recording themselves such like vlog.

Motorbikes head cam and recording games are great on 60fps youtube.

Playing games is different story.

I'm really happy that 60 FPS seems to be available across all of YouTube now, even at 4K and 1440p. Once you get accustomed to 60 FPS video, going back to 24/30 FPS is a bit jarring. Once you're used to higher framerates, it's way too easy to realise just how much stuttering there actually is while the camera pans through a scene.

Plus, watching 60 FPS gameplay just feels natural.

No thanks the majority of hand held camera work makes me sick when on YouTube's 60 fps

Funny, it's the opposite for me. When I'm watching 24 or 30 FPS footage with a shaky camera, it makes me a bit nauseous. When it's bumped up to 60 FPS, the shakiness is quite a bit smoother and the entire experience is far more palpable. 

i7-5820K | GTX 980 Ti

To people asking why, even E3 conferences were better with 60 FPS. If you can have it, why not?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm really happy that 60 FPS seems to be available across all of YouTube now,  it's way too easy to realise just how much stuttering there actually is while the camera pans through a scene.

I came to this conclusion today actually, playing some games, watching some tubes,... then plonking in front of the TV to watch a movie (24fps) and this New Zealand landscape, had a panning camera doing a 180* shot, the movement was pretty....lacklustre looking. (Not enough frames/stutter)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Love that. I noticed YouTube also supports 48fps. I've only seen it in one video and thought it was 60 till I looked at the quality. Thought that was interesting to go for the in between fps.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Love that. I noticed YouTube also supports 48fps. I've only seen it in one video and thought it was 60 till I looked at the quality. Thought that was interesting to go for the in between fps.

Yeah, seen 45/48/50 and such...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Great, on 1080p+ Android devices there is no 1080p30 option anymore if the video is in 60p.

At least on devices which don't support 1080p60

60 fps would only be useful for fast-paced scenes though and/or if planning to do a little slow-mo (0,5x speed, not much slower to be honest). For most stuff, it's dead weight: doubles the file size, thus increases uploading and rendering time.

30 fps is enough for most video content. Games are a different story, but who expects to play mobile games at 60 fps?

Actually in slow motion it's better to have lower FPS that's why slomo guys still use 30FPS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650