Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980 Ti

So this is the 980 Ti to get, right?

Yep this is the 980ti gigabyte G1 gaming.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

So this is the 980 Ti to get, right?

Yea Gigabyte cards always seem to be overbuilt but I ain't complaining.

Well, after ALL this waiting and back ordering, I FINALLY got my Gigabyte 980 Ti and running! My initial impressions.

1. Damn, i'm amazed at how "Smaller" it is to my Asus strix 980. Mainly due to the Gigabyte using 80mm fans and my Asus uses 95 mm fans, so the Asus is "taller" but the Gigabyte is "longer"

2. Its hefty and beefy all around, no wussy GPU this is!

3. The 80mm fan do cool, but it comes at a noise price. Beyond 60% fan speed using Afterburner, the noise jumps up considerably

4. Fuck, my card does have some coil when at very high framerates during menu's at high framerates, but its not real loud, but I can hear it if I get up close. 

5. The heat coming from this card on load is insane!

cfUDdjP.jpg

W3BIKKU.jpg

nROTG5a.jpg

zj1mFDQ.jpg

I did a real time video sound test comparison of the fan speeds starting from 40% and working my way up in 10% so you can hear for yourself. My 980 Strix never got this loud.

Here is a rough FRAPS benchmark I did on Whitcher 3 with no AA, no hairworks at 1440p. I walked around with Gerald a bit and then ran with a horse on a pathway each time. My STRIX 980 was overclocked to 1470 and the 980ti was at its default overclock speed and then I pushed it to about 1514 mhz on the core at 130% power 

I7tSIho.jpg

7h7JAo1.jpg

VhBmqOk.jpg

Luke said they dont have an acoustic chamber yet.

Why cant the just record the noise (maybewith a reference sound before) and let us hear it ourselves.

In my opinion this is much simpler and also more useful because 1. you find dB readings in many reviews on the web and 2. these numbers dont tell you much.

The specific sound of a cooler is important aswell, not just the dB reading.

This german tech-site gave a pretty nice noise comparison of 10 gtx 970s here and it helped me decide on the MSI one which I dont regret :)

also they made on video on coil-whine which is helpful:

... of course it's not perfect. The noise depends on how loud you turn your speakers. But you can hear how load one cooler is compared to another and thats the important thing!

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

@nicklmg

This is some feedback from myself of LTT's recent videos:

When you guys ask us to vote for something in the video by hitting the like button, what if someone doesn't want to vote for that thing, but wants to like the video? Also, this system of voting creates huge bias IMO since people usually tend to leave a like anyways to their favorite YouTubers (especially since when it's a video from a high caliber channel like LTT). So whatever was getting voted for gets voted by likes anyways, whether or not people want it or not.

Would love if this feedback reached to the LTT crew. Thanks.

We understand that it's not a perfect solution. We just thought it was a fun way to remind people to interact with the channel and tease upcoming content. People hated the "stay subscribed so you don't miss x video," so we're trying a few new ideas.

We understand that it's not a perfect solution. We just thought it was a fun way to remind people to interact with the channel and tease upcoming content. People hated the "stay subscribed so you don't miss x video," so we're trying a few new ideas.

Honestly, he whole "Like and dislike" during this video was poorly done and I found upcoming content teases were REALLY distracting, just talk about the damn product as thats why we are watching the video, stop  "ad bombing" in the middle of the review Linus.....

Just bought this on Newegg... 689.99 + 9.99 shipping + 49 for tax... $750!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Mine will get here tomorrow. As excited as I am, I also really need to sell my two 980s to pay for it, so that has me a bit nervous haha.

i like how they have been asking people if they want to see the tech mall video when that video has been out already......

Returning my Gigabyte, it's just too loud and I'm not really liking the design up close

Returning my Gigabyte, it's just too loud and I'm not really liking the design up close

Was it loud even when at idle? I thought the fans don't run till you hit 60*C or some other defined number

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

• 1 month later...

just a little update i purchase two of these card today / just like i expected bfh all ultra , far cry 4 all ultra , crysis 3 all ultra this is all with 3 monitor  sorround love the product , i upgrade from two gtx 680 

i also notice in the video it talk about the silent and stop light witch come on in idle mode there are actuality not button like mention in the video 

• 3 months later...

I Bought this card and i want to change the LED to red to match the rest of my setup. I tried to get Oc Guru 2 But it didnt work. Can i have some help?