Thinking about making the AMD to Intel switch

So here's the situation. I built my first pc about 9 months ago. I was kinda doing a budget build for a combo gaming and work rig so I opted to go with AMD to start. After I got everything I noticed my FX-6300 was struggling with multitasking for work related things so I stepped up to the 8350 which has done fairly well for me. I have a friend who has asked me to build him a budget pc and he said he'd be totally fine with using/buying any parts I have lying around so I'm considering reusing my mobo and cpu for his build and going to an Intel setup. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the money to switch? If so, what cpu should I go with?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Do what Shia LaBeouf tells you. JUST DO IT

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Very worth it. You get plenty of options and easier ease of use.

Lol so i5 or i7? I've read some articles saying that i7 is overkill unless you're doing a ton of photo and video editing(which I'm not).

So here's the situation. I built my first pc about 9 months ago. I was kinda doing a budget build for a combo gaming and work rig so I opted to go with AMD to start. After I got everything I noticed my FX-6300 was struggling with multitasking for work related things so I stepped up to the 8350 which has done fairly well for me. I have a friend who has asked me to build him a budget pc and he said he'd be totally fine with using/buying any parts I have lying around so I'm considering reusing my mobo and cpu for his build and going to an Intel setup. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the money to switch? If so, what cpu should I go with?

i5 4440 if not overclocking

i5 4690K if you are.

Lol so i5 or i7? I've read some articles saying that i7 is overkill unless you're doing a ton of photo and video editing(which I'm not).

Disregard the i7's unless your actually making money from your work.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/269504-iupgraded-to-an-i7-a-14-day-journal/

If you chose either of those i5's, ANY GPU currently sold on the market,. will not bottleneck.. if you choose to run 720p with a TitanX YES bottleneck, as would ANY BALLIN CPU.

But 1080p>1440p>4K

i5 will power it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks guys! Sounds like I have my answer. Thanks for the link to the post SkilledRebuilds!

Yeah, pretty much. We're not at a time yet where applications are written primarily around 8 threads, nor where the i5-4690K is weak enough (relative to the workload) that it sees a significant benefit from the addition of hyper-threading. A current i5 can schedule efficiently enough that it shouldn't have any issues.

An i7 might yield some advantages a little ways down the road, but right now for mainstream use the difference is very small.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

I have the 4790k and love it. Overclocked to 4.8 GHZ and stable as can be. Sure, I don't really currently need that Hyperthreading much but it's nice to have anyways. Especially since the 4790k is only about $100 more than an i5 4690k and I plan to keep this processor for a good 3-4 years. I think you can find it for even cheaper at Microcenters.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT