HALP!

(InsertNameHere)

So our internet sucks and I am looking for a new router. Could someone get me a suggestion in the range of 100-150 USD? WE use YouTube a lot and game a lot also streaming would be in the future.

ASUS RT-AC66U

or ASUS RT-N66U

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

How many people is we?

How fast is your internet connection?

what router do you currently have?

How many people is we?

How fast is your internet connection?

what router do you currently have?

WE is 2-6 people and our connection is currently 30 mbps and we have an old linksys

+1

Both are amazing. 

Indeed they are, I believe that linus used the RT-N66U for quite a while for the wan show stuff if he doesn't still use it and he loved it, and I've got the AC66U and its the best router I have ever owned, easily supports the probably 20+ devices connected almost constantly without any issues. (All but 1-2 devices are wireless, I've got my PC and my "Server" connected via ethernet :P)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Indeed they are, I believe that linus used the RT-N66U for quite a while for the wan show stuff if he doesn't still use it and he loved it, and I've got the AC66U and its the best router I have ever owned, easily supports the probably 20+ devices connected almost constantly without any issues. (All but 1-2 devices are wireless, I've got my PC and my "Server" connected via ethernet :P)

Yep!

I have the NT66U sitting here as my main router. I have had it since it was released, and just now updated to Tomato Firmware for some amazing features. Probably has a couple more years on it (or until I get more AC wireless devices). 

I have to say... I just got an AC-68U for FREE from t-mobile as long as I have t-mo. Or, $99 to purchase if I decide I want to try and flash it with something. I haven't used it much yet, but I can say that the range is slightly better than that of the older unit. As I said, the "old" NT66U still keeps up with 4 users, streaming, teamspeak servers, media servers, bla bla bla. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

ASUS RT-AC66U

or ASUS RT-N66U

Yep!

I have the NT66U sitting here as my main router. I have had it since it was released, and just now updated to Tomato Firmware for some amazing features. Probably has a couple more years on it (or until I get more AC wireless devices). 

I have to say... I just got an AC-68U for FREE from t-mobile as long as I have t-mo. Or, $99 to purchase if I decide I want to try and flash it with something. I haven't used it much yet, but I can say that the range is slightly better than that of the older unit. As I said, the "old" NT66U still keeps up with 4 users, streaming, teamspeak servers, media servers, bla bla bla. 

Awesome I think this has made my decision a lot easier! I'll go with the ASUS RT-N66U. Thanks everyone!!!!!!