A look at PlanetSide 2 on Playstation 4

The Ultimate Free-to-play MMO Game

PlanetSide 2

Hello Gamers,

After playing this game for a week, I can already say it is hands-down the best free-to-play MMO first-person shooter on PS4. 

The Pros:

-You can battle with squads and use teamwork to capture objectives.

-The progression system is balanced allowing players to unlock new vehicles and weapons as they rank up.

-The game feels more than fair and I haven't spent a single cent on it.

-The ground vehicle controls are excellent (Once you change them in settings).

-The battles are very intense.

-The graphics look great with a frame-rate of around 25-60fps and a resolution of 1080p.

-The scale of these battles are massive!

-It's free.

-Battlefield 4 is more of a pay-to-win then this game will ever be.

The Cons:

-The squad and friends system need a bit of work. When friends are online they don't show up on the friends menu. This can end up making things difficult because then I had to personally invite them by name to my squad. 

-The flight controls are bad and need to be reworked; the controls make dogfighting one of the worst experiences in the game.

-When servers are full the game starts lagging extensively, but this rarely happens.

-Some servers have a massive unequal balance of players on factions, such as on the Palos server: New Conglomerate: 43% Vs Tehran Republic: 33% Vs Vanu Sovereignty: 24%. (This happens frequently).

-The interface is not polished and has some glitches; such as: XP not showing, repairing function has glitches, etc.

Anything anyone else want to add? My PSN: Btappin if you'd like to squad up.

post-239689-0-04919000-1435725055_thumb.

I was confused on how it worked on ps4 is it free or is there a subscription

I was confused on how it worked on ps4 is it free or is there a subscription

It is completely free, but there is the option to buy a monthly premium membership

-Battlefield 4 is more of a pay-to-win then this game will ever be.

It's not THAT much of a P2W. All there really is shortcuts for lazy people who can't get kills with a weapon.

But yeah, PL2 is a great game! :D

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Population imbalances are more of a concern per continent, not the whole server...also some people just don't like wearing spandex