Another Coocheer power station review

Aniallation

Something came in the mail today, and it wasn’t deez nuts, it was my new USB and power station from Coocheer. Looks like I wasn't the only one on the forum who got a sample of one of these to review.

nZbne6T.jpg

I was contacted a while ago by lovely gentleman Arthur of Coocheer asking if I would be able to review one of their products, and I gladly accepted. Initially it was supposed to be a portable battery bank, however due to promotional needs, I was sent a USB charging station instead. No biggie, as I already have a battery bank.

The product came in a very nicely packaged cardboard box with outer sleeve that describes the product’s features.

aUYxOAC.jpg

On the inside of the box, we find the unit itself, along with an instruction manual. Of course, I’m sure you know how to plug something into the wall and a phone into a USB port.

rzaN0rq.jpg

On the top of the unit you’ll find five USB ports (labelled “Smart”), as well as two standard North American grounded power outlets. The outlets are also protected by an internal surge protector, cool. I currently don’t know if the USB ports are surge protected as well or not.

YgwKV8t.jpg

On the left side of the unit is a main power switch, and the connection for the power cable to the wall, which feels very solid and is approximately the same thickness as a power cable you would have for your PC.

JViJBRz.jpg

The bottom of the unit tells us that the unit is compatible worldwide with voltages from 100 to 250 volts. The AC output has a power rating of 1250W (no high draw devices like hair dryers to be connected), and that the surge suppressor capacity is 1700 Joules, with max current of 15,000A and a response time of 1 nanosecond.

The USB output has a maximum capacity of 40 watts or 5V 8A for all 5 ports. Each port can deliver up to 2.4A of power for charging high-current draw devices such as high-end smartphones and tablets, however total power draw from all 5 ports won’t exceed 8A, so all 5 ports can’t function at 2.4A output at the same time. Not exactly a big deal though, since who would be charging 5 tablets?

MkZnNiP.jpg

Overall the unit has a good weight and feel to it. It does not feel like a cheaply made unit that’ll fall apart in your hand but something that I’d actually want to use, and I’m quite an advocate of using high-quality phone chargers instead of knockoffs, as I am towards advocating good PC PSUs.

The exterior also has a nice matte black finish that does not collect fingerprints which I definitely like, as well as a small dock for placing your phone or tablet while it is charging.

Zz9jJbB.png

After some testing charging devices from empty to 100% while on, it can definitely be said that the charging station’s USB ports can provide more than the standard 1A at 5V provided by my Galaxy S3 power brick. All of my devices charged faster using the charging station, except for the low-end Xperia M which can only accept a max charging current of 0.85A.

Conclusion

Overall I’m very impressed with the build quality and performance for the unit, but one final factor does have to come into mind and that is price. Currently it retails for $48 CAD on Amazon (Canada) and I just can’t see myself spending that much on a charging station like this, when the solution I had before with multiple charging bricks attached to a power strip is a cheaper solution.

Of course that is purely subjective personally, and for the convenience of not needing multiple power bricks, especially with someone like me who switches devices a lot and often has multiple devices to charge at a time, the Coocheer charging station definitely does make life that much easier, and my bedside charging solution look that much less uglier.

8KPOu9P.jpg?1 9ttyHlk.jpg?1

Product Links

IUpcuOR.jpg

"Rawr XD"

I actually need that so you'll be kind to send it to me.

btw nice and short review

-snip-

Last part of the review is there for a reason

"Rawr XD"

Last part of the review is there for a reason

I'm just really really broke

SNIP

Great review, a little more informative than mine :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Note 3 comes with a 2 amp charger. So it is kind of irelevent in this case as I would never use a 1 amp charger for such a big battery. And I am gonne assume tne y axis is mesured in minutes. Not bad, more detail on those "smart" usb plug would be nice tho.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Note 3 comes with a 2 amp charger. So it is kind of irelevent in this case as I would never use a 1 amp charger for such a big battery. And I am gonne assume tne y axis is mesured in minutes. Not bad, more detail on those "smart" usb plug would be nice tho.

Each usb port is 2.4A

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii