Help with radeon R9 280 graphics card

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

hey guys i need help troubleshooting my graphics card.

i have a radeon R9 280 and i have a asus maximus ranger vii mother board and i when i put the graphics card in to the PCIe slot it doesn't output video i have 

a acer vga monitor and i am using a vga to hdmi converter the on board graphics work fine but i don't think the motherboard can sense my graphics please help  :)  :)  :o 

Go to your Bios and find the graphics section, Your onboard is prob set to primary...without multiview/multimonitors enabled to enable your dedicated gpu yet...

Eeither set Graphics to PCIE/Primary and enable multiview/use onboard for multimonitor, or use onboard as primary and enable multimonitor so the 290 can be enabled alongside it.

Sounds a bit confusing, but when you see the graphics options in the bios it should be straight forward, if not come back and ask..

Provide a bit of detail what the menu looks like and what options it shows. As we cannot see it from here ;P

/Or post your Motherboard Make & Model, we can go look at the manual and find it easier.

i have a radeon R9 280 and i have a asus maximus ranger vii mother board and i when i put the graphics card in to the PCIe slot it doesn't output video i have 

a acer vga monitor and i am using a vga to hdmi converter the on board graphics work fine but i don't think the motherboard can sense my graphics please help 

system specs

CPU (intel core i5 4460)

BOARD (asus maximus ranger vii)

GPU (Gigabyte radeon r9 280)

RAM (8 gb G.skill rip jaw 1600 mhz)

HEAT SINK (cooler master v8 gts)

PSU (corsair RM750watt 

a acer vga monitor and i am using a vga to hdmi converter the on board graphics work fine but i don't think the motherboard can sense my graphics please help  :)  :)  :o 

Go to your Bios and find the graphics section, Your onboard is prob set to primary...without multiview/multimonitors enabled to enable your dedicated gpu yet...

Eeither set Graphics to PCIE/Primary and enable multiview/use onboard for multimonitor, or use onboard as primary and enable multimonitor so the 290 can be enabled alongside it.

Sounds a bit confusing, but when you see the graphics options in the bios it should be straight forward, if not come back and ask..

Provide a bit of detail what the menu looks like and what options it shows. As we cannot see it from here ;P

/Or post your Motherboard Make & Model, we can go look at the manual and find it easier.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

hdmi to VGA? Is this a powered converter box or a cable? HDMI is a digital signal and VGA is analog, and requires a real signal conversion processing box to do so. I might add that your GPU has DVI-I and that carries an analog signal. A simple adapter that came with your GPU should allow you to plug directly into it.

Well I dont have a dvi-I converter but I do have a vga to hdmi