Looking to build a server!

RodneyMAC23

Hey everyone! I have a amd phenom 2 and 8 GBs of ram. 3 tb hard drive space. Now it's setup running ts3 plex and general media sharing all from windows 7. But its terribly slow and was looking for any knowledge on what to do to make it more reliable and faster. I have some Linux knowledge but not for servers. If you guys can give me some guides or any good information it would be muchly appreciated thank you!

Hey everyone! I have a amd phenom 2 and 8 GBs of ram. 3 tb hard drive space. Now it's setup running ts3 plex and general media sharing all from windows 7. But its terribly slow and was looking for any knowledge on what to do to make it more reliable and faster. I have some Linux knowledge but not for servers. If you guys can give me some guides or any good information it would be muchly appreciated thank you!

What's your current CPU and how much improvement do you expect?

This is a signature.

Which is like saying "I've a Toyota" 

Which one?

There are from 2 up to 6 cores...

forgot that

Which is like saying "I've a Toyota"

Which one?

There are from 2 up to 6 cores...

Quad core, just anything more reliable if there is anything

I'm looking to get as much speed as possible so its not bogged down as much as it is. I'm gonna throw a solid state in it and 1 Gb Ethernet card aswell

What do you mean by terribly slow? So you know your choke point? is the cpu maxing out? is the drive speed not up to par? maxing out bandwidth on network card?

What do you mean by terribly slow? So you know your choke point? is the cpu maxing out? is the drive speed not up to par? maxing out bandwidth on network card?

This.

I have a phenom2 Quad core running TS3, Plex etc and have zero problems. 

Changing teh OS will probably not help. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Windows 8.1 probably won't help. Can you list your full pc specs and also on how it is connected in your network. Share your router info as well.