WiFi Problems

xLyricalBeastx13

I seem to get horrible internet connection upstairs to my Xbox 360 and One which I use to play with friends who don't have a PC. I have no problems with other devices and I can't get a reliable connection no matter what I try, and I'm sick of it. I have just tried using a Netgear N300 Wireless range extender which made the already annoying problem worse. I am now told I need to buy an access point, but I am not sure which to get, if it will work, or if it is even what I need. Can anyone help?

Do you use ethernet connection?

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

ok the problem is that your even using wireless the router is probably to far away and the signal has to go through probably the floor and some walls, its going to be shit if that it what it has to do, also theres a constant interfreance from difirent networks probably

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Do you use ethernet connection?

I use it for my PC which is downstairs along with my brother's XB1. There are no lines besides the ones down there, and again, my XB1 and 360 are upstairs.

ok the problem is that your even using wireless the router is probably to far away and the signal has to go through probably the floor and some walls, its going to be shit if that it what it has to do, also theres a constant interfreance from difirent networks probably

My router is literally right below my Xbox, but there is still nothing I can do?

Couple of questions, what make/model is the router? what do the consoles say there signal strength and speed are.

Also most consumer routers don't like to run more than 2 consoles at once the NAT tables get confused with the ports that need to be open, I have to reboot my router when swapping from 360 to xbone to clear the tables out. Symptoms  of this type of issue are normally good speed/ping but really unstable connection with lots of random disconnects.

Couple of questions, what make/model is the router? what do the consoles say there signal strength and speed are.

Also most consumer routers don't like to run more than 2 consoles at once the NAT tables get confused with the ports that need to be open, I have to reboot my router when swapping from 360 to xbone to clear the tables out. Symptoms of this type of issue are normally good speed/ping but really unstable connection with lots of random disconnects.

It is a Comcast supplied DPC3939 802.11n router. Xbox One signal strength is 80% with a dl speed of 24.87 (ul speed is 19.00). Xbox 360 signal strength is 100% with 14.11 dl and 9.28 ul (it also says WiFi speed: 24 Mbps). My WiFi is up to 45 Mbps and Ethernet has to be plugged into the router but goes up to 105 Mbps if that helps.

My router is literally right below my Xbox, but there is still nothing I can do?

the floor is thik and theres pipes and shit to block the signal.. sorry but either get a cable connection or another router with better ability to punch through that stuff

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It is a Comcast supplied DPC3939 802.11n router. Xbox One signal strength is 80% with a dl speed of 24.87 (ul speed is 19.00). Xbox 360 signal strength is 100% with 14.11 dl and 9.28 ul (it also says WiFi speed: 24 Mbps). My WiFi is up to 45 Mbps and Ethernet has to be plugged into the router but goes up to 105 Mbps if that helps.

Doesn't sound like a signal strength issue, what exactly are your problems is it low ping and lag or do things run ok then disconnect randomly?

There are likely 2 possibilities; 1) there is an intermittent environmental factor that is blocking signal e.g. a wire that blocks signal only when there is current flowing through it. 2) your router isn't man enough to handle that you have 3 ms consoles trying to connect to xbox live. You can test for the first by moving your console closer to the router but still connect over wifi and see if its more stable, otherwise it's the NAT tables.