Cool thermal images of Fury X in action

Arct1c0n

Wish I had a thermal imaging camera to fuck around with. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And people thought it would be more efficient...lol

the reason it MUST come with a watercooler is because it is absolutely not efficient

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's a shame it only runs at 50c. I mean with such a low temp, they could have pushed the clocks much higher and easily killed off the 980Ti. :)

Wish I had a thermal imaging camera to fuck around with. :(

Puget System builders brought one to PDX 25 and it was awesome to see my case in "thermal" action, I had so much fun playing with a $5000 heat gun lol!

Jgt7bqd.jpg

N56qdLY.jpg

AU5hPTp.jpg

aTzHM5O.jpg

Dgc0dTc.jpg

la0Kp0s.jpg

cWSZnuR.jpg

What about the thermal images from Tom's Hardware? They show higher temp readings, and HC don't say what kind of load the pictures were taken under

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

You want Demetri's house to burn down or something?

Off the card, not the radiator...

There's a bunch of air inside it, including a pump...

It's a shame it only runs at 50c. I mean with such a low temp, they could have pushed the clocks much higher and easily killed off the 980Ti. :)

It was likely to hit reduced power targets, if they cranked the clock more core voltage would be needed thus increasing power consumption.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Off the card, not the radiator...

There's a bunch of air inside it, including a pump...

I thought you ment radiator...LOL

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

the reason it MUST come with a watercooler is because it is absolutely not efficient

Hey mr super engineer. Please make me a cooler that is 3/4 of an inch thick, 3 inches wide and 7 inches long that can cool 200W of power without making it sound like a jet engine at takeoff.  Because that is all the space you get if you want to make a 2x PCIe slot card. Oh and you cannot make a system of heatpipes and cooling fins extend beyond the edge of the PCB.

Report back to me once you've cracked it, and not a moment before or you're fired.

Puget System builders brought one to PDX 25 and it was awesome to see my case in "thermal" action, I had so much fun playing with a $5000 heat gun lol!

Jgt7bqd.jpg

I really need to replace my mesh fan top with a Plexi/acrylic window for my XB Evo. that's a sick paint/sticker jab.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Dick. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's

It's more efficient than the 290x. It also has way more cores.

There's also two air cooled variants coming, sooooo

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Hey mr super engineer. Please make me a cooler that is 3/4 of an inch thick, 3 inches wide and 7 inches long that can cool 200W of power without making it sound like a jet engine at takeoff.  Because that is all the space you get if you want to make a 2x PCIe slot card. Oh and you cannot make a system of heatpipes and cooling fins extend beyond the edge of the PCB.

Report back to me once you've cracked it, and not a moment before or you're fired.

1) why? I just said the fury is not efficient, thats why it needs to come with a liquid cooler

2) a dual slot card is more than 3/4" thick

3) heatsinks can extend past the PCB, just look at all the coolers from gigabyte and asus and other people

4) the fury does sound like a jet engine, look at jayztwocents review, its actually extremely loud, AND has coil whine

5) I dont design GPU coolers, piss off m8

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How isn't it efficient?

It still has around 250-300w TDP, which is barely anymore than a 980 ti and being almost as fast. Perhaps with driver updates in the future, it will be as fast, or faster.

The fact that it's so small probably had more to do with their cooling methodology I'd imagine.  Getting an air cooler on that whilst still having it be only like 7 inches long would probably be difficult cooling such a high heat unit. 

I'm sure they could of made the PCB bigger, but there'd be a boatload of empty space on it due to not having VRAM on the PCB.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

How isn't it efficient?

It still has around 250-300w TDP, which is barely anymore than a 980 ti and being almost as fast. Perhaps with driver updates in the future, it will be as fast, or faster.

The fact that it's so small probably had more to do with their cooling methodology I'd imagine.  Getting an air cooler on that whilst still having it be only like 7 inches long would probably be difficult cooling such a high heat unit. 

I'm sure they could of made the PCB bigger, but there'd be a boatload of empty space on it due to not having VRAM on the PCB.

wow seems like you didnt even bother to read the OP

Spoiler

wow seems like you didnt even bother to read the OP

I was only replying to your comments on how it isn't efficient.

You are talking about the GPU itself, not the AIO, correct?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I really need to replace my mesh fan top with a Plexi/acrylic window for my XB Evo. that's a sick paint/sticker jab.

Thanks, I love it also, 

GAInQXt.jpg?1

I was only replying to your comments on how it isn't efficient.

You are talking about the GPU itself, not the AIO, correct?

I'm talking about the "prodigious amounts of heat" from the GPU described in the OP

Spoiler

I'm talking about the "prodigious amounts of heat" from the GPU described in the OP

Aw I see, the way you worded stuff seemed different, sorry.

On a side note, I think the cooler is neat, such a small card with such great performance. Pretty cool that we have the technology to do that kinda stuff.

I don't think I'd ever get one though, I prefer bigger PCB's, it just looks cooler xD

1) why? I just said the fury is not efficient, thats why it needs to come with a liquid cooler

2) a dual slot card is more than 3/4" thick

3) heatsinks can extend past the PCB, just look at all the coolers from gigabyte and asus and other people

4) the fury does sound like a jet engine, look at jayztwocents review, its actually extremely loud, AND has coil whine

5) I dont design GPU coolers, piss off m8

No you need liquid cooling because you CAN NOT make an efficient, quiet blower or open air fan at that size. It is too much power to run off a ITX sized air cooler. Honestly, try running a FX 9590 on AMDs stock cooler. Good luck getting it NOT to throttle. It will and it has just a little bit higher TDP as this card.

Look, watercooling is THE best solution, because it is THE ONLY good solution that wont sound like a jet engine at takeoff, or be useless.

Before you start sprouting bullshit, learn the basics of thermals and how to combat them.

AMDs point with this card was:

Small form (thus you cannot get small form + cooling fins sticking halfway off the PCB)

Silent (it is silent, the coil whine isnt that noticable in a case. Do you have your PC on a testbench? I dont, i got a case. If not, you ought to buy a case if you buy a 650 USD card)

Efficient - It is faster then 290X, it is faster then 390X. yet its TDP IS WAY lower.

Good night.

No you need liquid cooling because you CAN NOT make an efficient, quiet blower or open air fan at that size. It is too much power to run off a ITX sized air cooler. Honestly, try running a FX 9590 on AMDs stock cooler. Good luck getting it NOT to throttle. It will and it has just a little bit higher TDP as this card.

Look, watercooling is THE best solution, because it is THE ONLY good solution that wont sound like a jet engine at takeoff, or be useless.

Before you start sprouting bullshit, learn the basics of thermals and how to combat them.

AMDs point with this card was:

Small form (thus you cannot get small form + cooling fins sticking halfway off the PCB)

Silent (it is silent, the coil whine isnt that noticable in a case. Do you have your PC on a testbench? I dont, i got a case. If not, you ought to buy a case if you buy a 650 USD card)

Efficient - It is faster then 290X, it is faster then 390X. yet its TDP IS WAY lower.

Good night.

wow you really dont know your facts...

the 290x is only 15W TDP more than the fury

the pump on the fury is loud, go look at the review i mentioned earlier instead of making up BS

and the fury x is "inefficient" because it runs hotter than a 980ti but perform worse, which is what efficiency is

good thing you are going to sleep not, maybe that will put some sense into your head when you wake up in the morning

Spoiler

wow you really dont know your facts...

the 290x is only 15W TDP more than the fury

the pump on the fury is loud, go look at the review i mentioned earlier instead of making up BS

and the fury x is "inefficient" because it runs hotter than a 980ti but perform worse, which is what efficiency is

good thing you are going to sleep not, maybe that will put some sense into your head when you wake up in the morning

The 980Ti also got the GDDR5 spread out, and the PCB is 5-7 inches longer. Meaning the heat is more spread out on the card, thus it is not lumped together in one place. If you took ALL of the VRMs, RAM and the GPU of a 980Ti and stuck it on a die that is 600sq mm big, then the heat output in that area alone wouldnt be possible for Maxwell to dissipate either.

Is the Fury X, and thus Fiji at Maxwell levels of efficiency, no. I never claimed that. I simply stated, and you are too dense to understand this principle, that you can not dissipate the heat efficiently from the die area with a blower or open air type fan+fin solution. Because the card would be LOUD. VERY VERY LOUD. Instead, once you stick the whining pump into a case, it is QUIET.