ASUS HELP

No it won't do it, for mobile anything under a 960m is never worth it. 

Not even the Lenovo y40 with an i7 and a R9 m275 2gb??? Because Im positive it will haha

Not even the Lenovo y40 with an i7 and a R9 m275 2gb??? Because Im positive it will haha

I do not know AMDs mobile gpus that well so I can't tell you but a quick google search shows you will want to run at low to med with the 275

Bro the specs aint the problem its the thermal throttling you are gonna run into.

Laptops suffer from extremely under performing cooling which leads to thermal throttling.

If you want to game on a laptop there is only a few options.

Asus ROG series

MSI Gaming laptops

AND DONT FORGET TO CHECK REVIEWS!

never game on ultra books man, they throttle back like hell, making high end stuff useless

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I do not know AMDs mobile gpus that well so I can't tell you but a quick google search shows you will want to run at low to med with the 275

http://store.asus.com/us/item/201506AM160000048/A23314

Good for gaming? Of course not 60+ Ultra.

like medium to high settings.

Thanks

As long as its a laptop with shitty cooling not even a 980m will save you from the 30fps

Get a laptop with good cooling. Asus ROG series laptops has good cooling. Look there

Well the benchmarks say It gets 30FPS on battlefield 4 medium settings, and because they benchmarked deadspace 3 for some wierd reason, it go 21FPS Ultra. So i imagine it would probebly get no less then 25FPS on just about anygame. Even the witcher3 Benchmarks gave it about 25-30FPS medium. '

Thanks for your input man!   :)  :)

I need as much info as possible

never game on ultra books man, they throttle back like hell, making high end stuff useless

Finally someone who doesnt just read of spreadsheets.

Bro the specs aint the problem its the thermal throttling you are gonna run into.

Laptops suffer from extremely under performing cooling which leads to thermal throttling.

If you want to game on a laptop there is only a few options.

Asus ROG series

MSI Gaming laptops

AND DONT FORGET TO CHECK REVIEWS!

Thernal Throttling?... noob here

Well the benchmarks say It gets 30FPS on battlefield 4 medium settings, and because they benchmarked deadspace 3 for some wierd reason, it go 21FPS Ultra. So i imagine it would probebly get no less then 25FPS on just about anygame. Even the witcher3 Benchmarks gave it about 25-30FPS medium. '

Thanks for your input man!   :)  :)

I need as much info as possible

THE SPECS DONT MATTER IF THE COOLING AINT SUFFICIENT

As long as its a laptop with shitty cooling not even a 980m will save you from the 30fps

Get a laptop with good cooling. Asus ROG series laptops has good cooling. Look there

I get it would thermal throttle, I was going on what the gpu could handle no what the cooling could handle. Notice I never suggested a laptop only tried to help find a gpu that would work. 

dear god

It's not spectacular but I play on my 850m most of the time. And when I say that I mean Shadow of Mordor, textures medium, everything else combination of high and few things ultra (was that the highest setting?), Fary Cry 4 is med/high, Far Cry 3 very high, Dying Light is med/high. Mind you I'm getting 40 FPS at all these settings. FFXIV DX9 almost maxed 50 FPS. It's not 960m or 860m, but those things can be just fine if you don't have too much money for a laptop, so saying it is not worth it is quite arrogant. Now I could get 960m for the money I got 850m though. That's a no brainer.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I get it would thermal throttle, I was going on what the gpu could handle no what the cooling could handle. Notice I never suggested a laptop only tried to help find a gpu that would work. 

But you didnt mention it to him which wasnt aware of thermal throtteling.

Similar situation: Just because i know how the purp looked liked im still gonna get punished if i refuse to tell the cops

So what exactly is thermal throttling? I thought as long as the laptop isn't extremely hot, it only helps means good things. Like if your CPU is running pretty hot, it means its boosting or stuff like that. I'm not a complete idiot with this stuff, just don't know much about the hardware side of things like so called "thermal throttling" 

I have a laptop with an 850M in it and it can play pretty much anything at 1080p with decent settings and fps.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

It's not spectacular but I play on my 850m most of the time. And when I say that I mean Shadow of Mordor, textures medium, everything else combination of high and few things ultra (was that the highest setting?), Fary Cry 4 is med/high, Far Cry 3 very high, Dying Light is med/high. Mind you I'm getting 40 FPS at all these settings. FFXIV DX9 almost maxed 50 FPS. It's not 960m or 860m, but those things can be just fine if you don't have too much money for a laptop, so saying is not worth it is quite arrogant. 

Interesting, I guess if you don't mind the lower framerates then a X50m would work.

But you didnt mention it to him which wasnt aware of thermal throtteling.

Similar situation: Just because i know how the purp looked liked im still gonna get punished if i refuse to tell the cops

You make no sense... How was I to know he didn't know what it was? Want me to explain how a gpu works too?

It's not spectacular but I play on my 850m most of the time. And when I say that I mean Shadow of Mordor, textures medium, everything else combination of high and few things ultra (was that the highest setting?), Fary Cry 4 is med/high, Far Cry 3 very high, Dying Light is med/high. Mind you I'm getting 40 FPS at all these settings. FFXIV DX9 almost maxed 50 FPS. It's not 960m or 860m, but those things can be just fine if you don't have too much money for a laptop, so saying it is not worth it is quite arrogant. Now I could get 960m for the money I got 850m though. That's a no brainer.

Dood PERFECT. I've been waitng for a post like this all day!!! thank you!!

I have a laptop with an 850M in it and it can play pretty much anything at 1080p with decent settings and fps.

THANK YOU

It slows down the CPU/GPU in order to keep the laptop under a certain thermal limit, so that the system does not get too hot. Because they are so thin, ultrabook's ability to cool efficiently is lessened than a thicker laptop with the same/similar specs.

PCPersoective did some extensive testing of Intel's new Broadwell CPUs and found that a ultrabook's case material and design could have a significant impact on performance. In one case, a lower end CPU performed better because it wasn't hitting it's thermal throttling limit nearly as quickly as a higher end CPU.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Dood PERFECT. I've been waitng for a post like this all day!!! thank you!!

Np. Although I will warn you, it can get pretty hot above the keyboard. These i7's can get quite hot.

Np. Although I will warn you, it can get pretty hot above the keyboard. These i7's can get quite hot.

HAHAHA NOBODY HERE UNDERSTANDS HOW HOT MY nw8440 hp mobile workstation from 2010 gets. CPU can get 100C and GPU will HEAT UP TILL MY COMPUTER BREAKS. I'M very used to the heat. How hot does your 850m get??? including the CPU?

HAHAHA NOBODY HERE UNDERSTANDS HOW HOT MY nw8440 hp mobile workstation from 2010 gets. CPU can get 100C and GPU will HEAT UP TILL MY COMPUTER BREAKS. I'M very used to the heat. How hot does your 850m get??? including the CPU?

I'm not sure about the GPU, haven't checked it for a long time, but iirc 60-ish C under full load? But the CPU gets at 80 (84 was the max I think). 

Also you should check this. With some tinkering in the most demanding games, high and med should be fine if you can play at 30 FPS, most games will run on high.