game of the year 2015

salecar3

I don't believe in "game of the year" because setting up different genres up against each other just feels stupid, although on a personal basis I'd choose Witcher 3.

Either way, I think RPG of the year will be The Witcher 3, I just don't see any other game competing with it in terms of writing and world-design. It feels really realistic, in a logical sense. Sure, the combat is a bit wonky, but that's easily forgivable with such a high level of writing.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

For me, it would probably be Cities Skylines. Maybe Witcher 3 but I'll end up putting way more time into Skylines then to W3.

As for like the overall game of the year contenders. There have already been few good games release this year. I'll just name some that could contend to the prize.

Cities: Skylines

Bloodborne

Pillars of Eternity

Kerbal Space Program

The Witcher 3

These are just a few games that I know are good and have at least some kind of chance for that award. And depending on who you ask each one of them will get several first places.

And I'm sure game still not released like Fallout 4 have a say in the matter.

As far as I'm concerned, The Witcher 3 is game of the fucking millenium

That's only true if 2015 has really bad games. I don't get the hype with witcher 3, the combat is actually really boring and repetitive. Have you played the game?

Any generic mainstream game series that hasn't changed

/thread

I don't know any worthy games honestly, they were all pretty boring. Witcher 3 pissed me the eff off from the get-go with unskippable bullshit, horrid combat, and very generic characters. Best world design you say? World design my ass. Skyrim beats that shit hands down and Skyrim isn't even that great.

It was a yawn fest for me, it brought nothing new to the table at all. /endrant

Killing Floor 2 still doesn't have any damn content but it's still in early access so I can't say its worthy either. Shit, I can't think of a single game.

Dark Souls was my top favorite game of my generation, so that'd be it. Screw 2015 :P.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Witcher 3 would get my vote so far, but these kinds of conversations only mean so much halfway into the year.

That's only true if 2015 has really bad games. I don't get the hype with witcher 3, the combat is actually really boring and repetitive. Have you played the game?

I have played the game - I fact I'm already 60 hours into it and am barely halfway through the main quest!

I don't understand the complaint of combat being too repetitive. Each monster encounter is different and requires you to prepare by brewing potions, treatung your sword with oils and using the right spells. If you're getting by with just button smashing, try raising the difficulty in order to mix things up.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Persona 5 tho.

I seriously can't think of a PC game that deserves recognition from this year, save GTA 5 but that barely counts since they've milked it with 3 launches over that past 2 years.

Would have said Batman if it actually worked...

Definitely no current AAA games that deserve it at the moment.

Git Gud.

Metal Gear Solid 5 /discussion 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

For me the game of the year 2015 so far is undoubtedly Witcher 3.