TKL Ducky Zero/Filco Majestouch 2/Quickfire Rapid-i (or Rapid)

SillyWabbit

Hello forum,

I've been playing with the Das 4 brown, K95 red and BW green long enough so I'm ready to pick up and try something new and different.  

Currently I want to get a TKL keyboard with blue switches and have narrowed it down to the three choices. I would love to heard from the owners any of these boards about how they feel or if possible how they compare with each other. The Ducky Zero and Rapid-i are available in my local store and they are quite a bit cheaper than the FIlco ($119CAD), while the FIlco costs $149+Shipping, since if I'm picking this one up I'm going for the ninja version.

I'm not very keen at this point on getting my own keycaps nor knows too much about them, so If there are any difference I'd prefer the one with better keycaps and etchings. My most predominant concern for keyboard is build quality in terms of sturdiness and consistency with the keys. My major complain with my K95 is it's inconsistency key presses for the longer keys. Now let me add that I do suspect this have some to do with the lightness of red keys so that the stabilizers have a more prominent affect on the keypress feeling, but I'll have to try other red switch keyboards to conclude that, which I may in the future after deciding what I actually want to do with the keyboard.   

Let me know what you think, I'd very much appreciate input from the owners or people who have experience with them since at this point I'm fairly familiar with the brand names and the general perceptions towards them.

Thanks!

My experience with Cooler Master has been very good, so i can recommend their keyboards. As for the keycaps, all of these keyboards use laser etched abs keycaps.

Hi.

The keyboard currently on my desk is a CM Storm QFR with blank white pbt keycaps. If you're willing to upgrade the stock keycaps, I extremely recommend this keyboard.

Hello forum,

I've been playing with the Das 4 brown, K95 red and BW green long enough so I'm ready to pick up and try something new and different.  

Currently I want to get a TKL keyboard with blue switches and have narrowed it down to the three choices. I would love to heard from the owners any of these boards about how they feel or if possible how they compare with each other. The Ducky Zero and Rapid-i are available in my local store and they are quite a bit cheaper than the FIlco ($119CAD), while the FIlco costs $149+Shipping, since if I'm picking this one up I'm going for the ninja version.

I'm not very keen at this point on getting my own keycaps nor knows too much about them, so If there are any difference I'd prefer the one with better keycaps and etchings. My most predominant concern for keyboard is build quality in terms of sturdiness and consistency with the keys. My major complain with my K95 is it's inconsistency key presses for the longer keys. Now let me add that I do suspect this have some to do with the lightness of red keys so that the stabilizers have a more prominent affect on the keypress feeling, but I'll have to try other red switch keyboards to conclude that, which I may in the future after deciding what I actually want to do with the keyboard.   

Let me know what you think, I'd very much appreciate input from the owners or people who have experience with them since at this point I'm fairly familiar with the brand names and the general perceptions towards them.

Thanks!

????

Why get another keyboard? Its not going to make you any better at games...

????

Neither does a chair, LED fans, 4k IPS display, Titan X 3way SLI and I can go on a long way. Some people just want to upgrade and try new stuff. Same goes with cars etc.

Apart from all this.

I am pretty interested whether the Rapid-I is an actual upgrade of the original rapid. I believe the Rapid-I is made by a different OEM, thus shittier quality.

My experience with Cooler Master has been very good, so i can recommend their keyboards. As for the keycaps, all of these keyboards use laser etched abs keycaps.

The keyboard currently on my desk is a CM Storm QFR with blank white pbt keycaps. If you're willing to upgrade the stock keycaps, I extremely recommend this keyboard.

Definitely heard a lot of good things about CM and I will get one at some point. I'm not very interested in getting after market keycaps at the moment though. 

????

Neither does a chair, LED fans, 4k IPS display, Titan X 3way SLI and I can go on a long way. Some people just want to upgrade and try new stuff. Same goes with cars etc.

Apart from all this.

I am pretty interested whether the Rapid-I is an actual upgrade of the original rapid. I believe the Rapid-I is made by a different OEM, thus shittier quality.

Wait what I heard they increase your APM and WPM by at least 127.76% straight off

And no I'm not at all interested in how much better I perform but instead I just like to try different stuff. MK is just one of those things that have my interest at the moment and I like to indulge in my interested once a while. I also like to argue with people and I'm not the kind who makes arguments out of thin air so I like to try and live with the stuff I talk about first.

And also situation has shifted and I am in a tighter budget now so either I'm going to hold this purchase off or get the CM, since it's a lot cheaper. 

My Ducky Shine 3 is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Ducky makes great keyboards, so if Filcos are comparable to Ducky, I would recommend them too. I love Cooler Master as well, but I hear the Rapid-i has a bunch of dying LED issues. That's the reason I didn't get that one. My Ducky was purchased at NCIX (good for you, I guess) for around $110 I believe (I ordered from NCIXUS, so the prices are little different). It is Cherry MX Blue with a red backlight, but there are other offerings. Link to one similar to mine (look around for others):

http://www.ncix.com/detail/ducky-dk9087-shine-3-mx-b7-90656.htm

Definitely heard a lot of good things about CM and I will get one at some point. I'm not very interested in getting after market keycaps at the moment though. 

Wait what I heard they increase your APM and WPM by at least 127.76% straight off

And no I'm not at all interested in how much better I perform but instead I just like to try different stuff. MK is just one of those things that have my interest at the moment and I like to indulge in my interested once a while. I also like to argue with people and I'm not the kind who makes arguments out of thin air so I like to try and live with the stuff I talk about first.

And also situation has shifted and I am in a tighter budget now so either I'm going to hold this purchase off or get the CM, since it's a lot cheaper. 

Not really, people will say you perform better because of the 2mm actuation. Honestly there is no real difference between rubberdome and mech performancewise. It's just personal preference. I like how mech keyboards feel. Rubberdomes feel mushy and not responsive.

It also depends on the switch you use. I have reds, some people will mistype on reds A LOT. and if you mistype, well... your performance is not better than a rubberdome. 

Maybe there is a little difference... but it won't make a difference in ANY game you play. Not even Osu! which I play a lot, which is a game that relies on spamming a key.