Can't access internet after uninstalling hotspot shield.

TheTacoSniper

Hello, today I decided to install hotspot shield on my laptop so I could watch Netflix while I am on "vacation" here in the Philippines. After deciding that it made everything too slow, I uninstalled it. After uninstalling it, I was not able to access the internet. I tried restarting my computer, doing the built in troubleshooter ( it told me that the wireless and Ethernet drivers were not installed), and I even tried reinstalling hotspot shield. None of those things worked and that is why I am here because I am bad at this and need your help. I couldn't find anything on Google. Thanks! The laptop is a lenovo g50 with windows 10 tech preview on it.

PS: I forgot to include that it says that I am connected to the network in the bottom right corner thingy.

wow, thats a lot of bees!

dont use win10 before it's ready....

even when you installed win10 it says don't install as your main primary only computer OS.

IDK man, try getting and running driverpacksolution 15.x

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Uninstall and reinstall your drivers for your wireless network adapter.

It is fairly important that you do the uninstall part first ;)

You do this through device manager.

You may need to download the latest driver off of your laptop manufacturers OR wifi chipset manufacturers website.

Hope this helps! :)

I just want to let you know that I love you

im not sure you should be thanking me

its a TON of work to remove that freaking program manually

took me like an hour or 2 to do it once on a clients pc

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

• 2 months later...

this 23 sec video will definitely help u(cuz i have the same problem)

but u find  "hotspot shield routing driver" instead of "hotspot shield helper driver" then uninstall this

this 23 sec video will definitely help u(cuz i have the same problem)

but u find  "hotspot shield routing driver" instead of "hotspot shield helper driver" then uninstall this

Dude you just necro'd this thread, it's ancient!