Galaxy Note 5 'leaked', shows possible sealed chassis

D13H4RD

According to Android Authority, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 has been 'leaked', showing a design very similar to that of the S6 (no surprise) but perhaps something that's also not-so-surprising but still pretty disappointing is that it seems to have the same sealed chassis as the S6. That means no removable battery and no microSD card slot for storage expansion.

Now, I never minded the lack of those on the S6 because the S6 is usually geared towards general consumers, but the Note is geared to power users and business people, the former of which use the aforementioned features frequently. So this is worrying for me.

However, I'm taking this with a very tiny grain of salt. Why? The leaked Note 5 looks too similar to the S6, where it almost looks like it's simply a blown-up S6. Yes, the Note line has always looked similar to the S-line, but they have some differences that make them easy to identify, besides the size. This one looks too similar and I hope that it's just a fluke.

OG link: http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-5-leak-shows-6-appeal-sure-attract-h8rs-620736/

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Well. I get a free upgrade in the fall from my Note 3. Not staying with Samsung for the 3rd phone in a row.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I really love the Note-line, but if Samsung does this, I might have to recommend the Note 4 instead.

Oh well, it's no shocker for me, since the Note-line has always been based off the year's S-line phone.

Lack of a removable battery isn't an issue if the battery is big and lasts long enough. Expandable storage is an issue if it doesn't exist.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Looks like an S6 made into a Note...?

The Note-line has always been based on the S-phone released earlier in the same year.

If an S-phone has a sealed chassis, then it's very likely that the Note will follow. Though they are separate devices, they are similar to each other in some ways.

I really love the Note-line, but if Samsung does this, I might have to recommend the Note 4 instead.

Oh well, it's no shocker for me, since the Note-line has always been based off the year's S-line phone.

Lack of a removable battery isn't an issue if the battery is big and lasts long enough. Expandable storage is an issue if it doesn't exist.

Samsung went with USB 2.0 on the Note 4 than USB 3.0 on the Note 3.........stupid move by Samsung.

Plus USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 cables anyway......

Samsung went with USB 2.0 on the Note 4 than USB 3.0 on the Note 3.........stupid move by Samsung.

Cause Qualcomm Quick Charge was introduced, and USB 2.0 isn't a bottleneck for the data transfer speeds the phone is capable of over MTP. There was no need for USB 3.0.

"Rawr XD"

It's because of that horrible connector

It's the only thing out there that is worse than the original micro usb connector

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it