need help with connection two routers together

to the main router is a MI424WRI from verizon 

and my second is a linksys WRT54Gs2 V1 

at one point it was working then something happen with the settings a long time ago since then i havent touched it because i got stress out with the settings 
i do know how to get into the router setting for the verizon router but i am not soo skilled in networking so please tell me step by step how to fix this 

ps the linksys will be in my room for more extended wifi plus connect it to my pc

Arch2k

-SNIP-

For the secondary router you need to setup the router in bridge mode which will allow it to act as a wireless AP and a switch to connect your PC to. You will need an ethernet cable connecting the first router to the input of the second however for bridge mode to be able to do that.

For the secondary router you need to setup the router in bridge mode which will allow it to act as a wireless AP and a switch to connect your PC to. You will need an ethernet cable connecting the first router to the input of the second however for bridge mode to be able to do that.

it seems as if i tried it and then i was unable to get into the setting of the linksys one i tried resetting it and that doesnt even work 

i may need to get a new one

Arch2k

it seems as if i tried it and then i was unable to get into the setting of the linksys one i tried resetting it and that doesnt even work 

i may need to get a new one

It needs to be connected directly first to be setup as bridge mode once it's been setup as bridge mode and connected as the secondary router you won't be able to have access or control to it since it's functions are very basic at that point.

It needs to be connected directly first to be setup as bridge mode once it's been setup as bridge mode and connected as the secondary router you won't be able to have access or control to it since it's functions are very basic at that point.

so connect the linksys to the verzion router on the lan right then connect to it from my main computer?

Arch2k

so connect the linksys to the verzion router on the lan right then connect to it from my main computer?

Yes so your computer is hooked up to the linksys first before the version router/modem, that should allow you to access the linksys router and properly setup the bridge mode.

Yes so your computer is hooked up to the linksys first before the version router/modem, that should allow you to access the linksys router and properly setup the bridge mode.

my linksys was 192.168.1.2 cant get into it 

Arch2k

my linksys was 192.168.1.2 cant get into it 

If it's directly connected it should be 192.168.1.1 you won't be able to access the router after in bridge mode though if I recall.