[Massdrop] LG 24" or 27" IPS LED Battlestation (529.99 +-, Multiple options)

Browser

24" is much better for 1920x1080

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

A lot of people find 27" to be "fine" for 1080p, however there is a slight "stretching" of pixels in monitors of that size, where the picture does not look as crisp or clear as compared to a monitor of 23-24" for that resolution.

I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

24" 24MC57HQ-P

27" 27MC37HQ-B

for those who want the specific monitor model.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

A lot of people find 27" to be "fine" for 1080p, however there is a slight "stretching" of pixels in monitors of that size, where the picture does not look as crisp or clear as compared to a monitor of 23-24" for that resolution.

I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

I guess it's like SSD, you won't feel it's improvement over HDD unless you actually see.

I have been trying to avoid 27" 1080p monitor purchase for months now, waiting for 1440p to drop in prices.

Finally got PS4 Pro

I guess it's like SSD, you won't feel it's improvement over HDD unless you actually see.

I have been trying to avoid 27" 1080p monitor purchase for months now, waiting for 1440p to drop in prices.

The bigger the screen the further away you need to be from it. TV's have been coming out in large formats for years with 1080pleb resolutions. You just need to figure out the correct viewing distance. 

The bigger the screen the further away you need to be from it. TV's have been coming out in large formats for years with 1080pleb resolutions. You just need to figure out the correct viewing distance. 

I agree to this point. Getting bigger screen vs sitting little bit close is KIND OF same thing.

Personally I want to switch to 1440p, not 27". And more than that wanna switch over from TN  :(

AFAIK there are no <27" screens higher than above 1080p/1200p resolution are available where I live.

1440p monitors haven't dropped in prices, even though most of 4K monitors are launching at similar prices  :(

Finally got PS4 Pro

Oh man.. I just got the 34" UW.... damn you massdrop

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

I agree to this point. Getting bigger screen vs sitting little bit close is KIND OF same thing.

Personally I want to switch to 1440p, not 27". And more than that wanna switch over from TN  :(

AFAIK there are no <27" screens higher than above 1080p/1200p resolution are available where I live.

1440p monitors haven't dropped in prices, even though most of 4K monitors are launching at similar prices  :(

4k is pretty amazing. I'd go there as 1440 is being pushed out by 4k. With a 4k setup you don't need multiple monitors, or at least I don't for productivity. The only time extra monitors come in handy is when you want to watch a video and play a game at the same time but you have a monitor now I assume. If you can find a sweet deal on a 4k monitor I highly suggest that. I got mine for $330.00 dollars when the retail was still over 800. I just got lucky. 

Oh man.. I just got the 34" UW.... damn you massdrop

That's a pretty sick monitor though. 

That's a pretty sick monitor though. 

But now I need a new graphics card to run it! 3440 x 1440 is apparently hard to run

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

I got mine for $330.00 dollars when the retail was still over 800. I just got lucky. 

WOW. That's very sweat deal.

Finally got PS4 Pro