Computer running game choppy

savaGe_

I just built my new computer today specs

i7 4790k

gtx 980

I went to run metro 2033 to test it out. but the fps is really low feels like 15 fps . I do have old ram from my older computer in there till the new ram arrives. its ddr 1333 but I dont think that would make this big of a problem?

Benchmarked on unigine  scored a 2965 on ultra 1080p with normal tessellation

any ideas? 

drivers?

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

drivers?

I have the most up to date drivers think i needa go back ?

I have the most up to date drivers think i needa go back ?

you installed the most recent hotfix 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

you installed the most recent hotfix 

Yea I believe I fixed it . I think this 4gb of ram is really bad though and holding my system back games are taking too much physical memory in task manager

Yea I believe I fixed it . I think this 4gb of ram is really bad though and holding my system back games are taking too much physical memory in task manager

4GB VRAM? How much system RAM do you have and what resolution are you playing at?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

4GB VRAM? How much system RAM do you have and what resolution are you playing at?

Nah its this crappy 4gb of physical system ram i'm dealing with it until the 8gb comes in .

Nah its this crappy 4gb of physical system ram i'm dealing with it until the 8gb comes in .

What? Why such a good build with crap  RAM? people were making fun of me for having 8GB with a 5820K at the X99 launch

This is on a whole new level 

What? Why such a good build with crap  RAM? people were making fun of me for having 8GB with a 5820K at the X99 launch

This is on a whole new level 

I took it out of my old computer while I wait for the new RAM to get here changed drivers and games running smooth now but I feel the new ram will help even more.

I took it out of my old computer while I wait for the new RAM to get here changed drivers and games running smooth now but I feel the new ram will help even more.

true, since most games require 8GB nowadays 

Lol I'm still using 8gb ram. Definitely try to get more ram in the future.

Also, don't fall into the myth that faster ram will benefit you in games. 1333 performs pretty much the same for gaming as 2400.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.