Sim Cards

LennyIsLife
Go to solution Solved by Monkey Dust,

Ask your carrier how much they charge to issue a new SIM, I wouldn't buy random SIMs of Amazon hoping you could get it to work.

I have a sim card from an iphone 3, and I'm thinking about getting a htc one m8 which has a nano sim card. I know you can either cut it with scissors or with a sim cutter, but I've also heard that you can take it to best buy and they'll cut it for you. What is the best way to do this?

Never heard of best buy doing it, wouldn't take a chance with scissors.

I bought a Oneplus purely because Micro is better standard IMHO. Also, older SIM cards used the whole sim space, only newer full sized sims work with cutters.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

In the UK at least, you can get templates to cut them down. You have to be willing to lose a SIM card tho if you go wrong.

nano sim is much harder to do, because it's thinner than normal sim, you might have to use sandpaper to make it thinner.

micro sim is easy to cut.

I would say just change your sim, it's not that expensive and takes no time really.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It isn't expensive to change sim, so I would just do that tbh, not sure how it is for you, but in the UK from a lot of providers you can get sims free then you just need to get a code and ask for them to transfer your number across to the new sim then you're all done. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

nano sim is much harder to do, because it's thinner than normal sim, you might have to use sandpaper to make it thinner.

micro sim is easy to cut.

I would say just change your sim, it's not that expensive and takes no time really.

ok, so if I was to buy this sim card, how much would it cost to activate it?

http://www.amazon.com/AT-Nano-card-iPhone-Plus/dp/B009DRLCXK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435599387&sr=8-2&keywords=nano+sim+card

Ask your carrier how much they charge to issue a new SIM, I wouldn't buy random SIMs of Amazon hoping you could get it to work.

just go to your current carrier's store and they give you a new sim in minutes...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.