Who here has crappy internet?

kipper

We pay about US$65 for 12 down 7 up but to get these speeds I set it to only broadcast 802.11g on an open channel that I'm pretty sure doesn't interfere with channels 1,6, and 11.

4467718158.png

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

If you are then I will highly recommend you switch to another local ISP....

Hey I am from India too. Brother you live in urban area?

Yup.....In Kerala

Nearby cities: Kattappana CUMBUM (KAMBAM) க‌ம்ப‌ம் - 625516, Theni Dt.KANAMUKKU SNDP MANDIRAM
Coordinates:   9°41'45"N   77°2'15"E

If you are then I will highly recommend you switch to another local ISP....

Can i know which are the local ISPs In Kerala ? Or in India

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

Yup.....In Kerala

Nearby cities: Kattappana , CUMBUM (KAMBAM) க‌ம்ப‌ம் - 625516, Theni Dt., KANAMUKKU SNDP MANDIRAM

Coordinates: 9°41'45"N 77°2'15"E

Can i know which are the local ISPs In Kerala ? Or in India

Sorry right now I dont have access to a PC. Found this from google.

http://speedtest.in/state/Kerala

Try to Google ("ISP *with nearest city*).

I am from WB rural area and I use CPE Internet. Pricey but much better speed with lot less downtime. If you are close to a city then you can get a wired broadband..

Edit- I used to get same speed as you earlier. Right now it's kinda better... ;)http://imgur.com/JzQcDSl

We Dream of Google Fiber Right? @AnkitJha

One day Google Balloons, Elon Musk's Satellites and Facebook Solar Drones will come to take the fairyland where we will watch wanshow at 1080p and play Dota with less than 50 ping..

Our packets will not get lost and link will not fail.... Our steam downloads will not crawl and torrents will not stall...

#Achhe_Din

One day Google Balloons, Elon Musk's Satellites and Facebook Solar Drones will come to take the fairyland where we will watch wanshow at 1080p and play Dota with less than 50 ping..

Our packets will not get lost and link will not fail.... Our steam downloads will not crawl and torrents will not stall...

#Achhe_Din

Hope..Right....? India is Waiting........

Intel i3-4150 3.50Ghz | MSI B85M-G43 | HyperX Fury 8GB 1866Mhz x1 | Intel HD 4400 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB , Samsung 160GB | Odyssey 450W | AOC E950Sw 18.5In | Windows 10 Pro | Zebronics Armour 2

I have limited data... nuff said. I would gladly have 8/2 if only i had unlimited data or more than double 

the current cap. it's expensive aswell, 76$ or 600 nok for a 100GB cap, 6 nok or 0.76$ pr gig, it was a 

dollar pr GB before the dollar skyrocketed. 

Crappy can be defined as unstable or just too damn slow, or overpaying...

On my end we have a very unstable connection, always disconnecting, i get like 22ms to UK servers in CSGO though so ping is good.

Our speeds...

LUbwWm6.png

I am not the bill payer, however i am the person who deals with them over the phone on behalf of my bro who has autism.

We are on a Sky HD+ Package, net alone though we pay like 10 GBP which is very decent really, but Sky are notorious for intermittent internet, but i am not the bill payer, i can only advise my bro.

You probably have a line issue or faulty router, there's nothing wrong with sky, I'm sat here on a sky fibre connection at 40 down 10 up stable, never had one issue in over a year. It looks like you have one of their old routers not a new one.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

You probably have a line issue or faulty router, there's nothing wrong with sky, I'm sat here on a sky fibre connection at 40 down 10 up stable, never had one issue in over a year. It looks like you have one of their old routers not a new one.

Fiber is not ADSL.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

Fiber is not ADSL.

its not fibre its vdsl actually and you can still get a line fault on vdsl, an intermittent connection screams line fault and he has an old router which I once had with sky which made it intermittent.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

attachicon.gifis this bad..JPG

This is my dev station's speed wired to the main router.  We have a cheap piece o' crap potato for an extender upstairs.  :/  It catches like a lot and pushes half that.  I'm trying to convince my dad to up it to one of those almond extenders.  <.<

not shure that counts as crappy

We pay about US$65 for 12 down 7 up but to get these speeds I set it to only broadcast 802.11g on an open channel that I'm pretty sure doesn't interfere with channels 1,6, and 11.

4467718158.png

We used to get Centurylink *shudders*. Before we switched to Cable One we were .5 up .25 down. With Cable One we get 50/7

Core i3-4150 | MSI B85I |EVGA GTX 750ti |Cooler Master Elite 110

We used to get Centurylink *shudders*. Before we switched to Cable One we were .5 up .25 down. With Cable One we get 50/7

Ah, I've never heard of Cable One therefore it musn't exist in my area.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Lucky, we live out in the ghetto. Century link is all we can get.

4469269890.png

I think I win the crappy internet challenge? BTW we pay for 1.5Mb they have "server problems" and don't know when or if they will be fixed. Customer support agreed to lower the bill by 2/3. We called back and they told us no. Avoid them at all costs.

CPU- i5 4670K CPU Cooler- Corsair H90 MB- MSI Z87 GD-45 RAM- 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws Case- NZXT Phantom 530

PSU- Corsair CX750M Cooler- Corsair H90 Boot Drive- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Storage-WD 1TB Blue Storage- Seagate 2TB

4469269890.png

I think I win the crappy internet challenge? BTW we pay for 1.5Mb they have "server problems" and don't know when or if they will be fixed. Customer support agreed to lower the bill by 2/3. We called back and they told us no. Avoid them at all costs.

CPU- i5 4670K CPU Cooler- Corsair H90 MB- MSI Z87 GD-45 RAM- 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws Case- NZXT Phantom 530

PSU- Corsair CX750M Cooler- Corsair H90 Boot Drive- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

Storage-WD 1TB Blue Storage- Seagate 2TB

4469269890.png

Yep, can confirm. My grandma still has Centurylink, but I was able to upgrade it to "40". She only gets around 20-25. 

Core i3-4150 | MSI B85I |EVGA GTX 750ti |Cooler Master Elite 110

Crappy can be defined as unstable or just too damn slow, or overpaying...

On my end we have a very unstable connection, always disconnecting, i get like 22ms to UK servers in CSGO though so ping is good.

Our speeds...

LUbwWm6.png

I am not the bill payer, however i am the person who deals with them over the phone on behalf of my bro who has autism.

We are on a Sky HD+ Package, net alone though we pay like 10 GBP which is very decent really, but Sky are notorious for intermittent internet, but i am not the bill payer, i can only advise my bro.

my sky aint that bad I pay 10 pound a month for fiber and get 40 down and 10 up

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW