Over-ear & wireless

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some nice wireless over-ear headphones to enjoy some music on the go. I'm mainly listening to classic and some breakbeat like this.

I was looking at the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless but it's currently very hard to get in Germany and I would prefer something I can order via amazon since I really like their customer service when it comes to warranty questions.

Active noise canceling is not really wanted (if everything else is great I would still give it a try), a mic would be okay but it is not necessary, budget is around 500 € but can be adjusted if necessary.

So, recommendations anyone? :)

Funney how it's hard to get Sennheiser products in Germany xD

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Funney how it's hard to get Sennheiser products in Germany xD

Thought the exact same thing, but yeah, one to three months waiting time everywhere except shady ebay sellers :/

e Sennheiser Momentum Wireless but it's currently very hard to get in Germany and I would prefer something I can order via amazon since I really like their customer service when it comes to warranty questions.

What about they urbanite? they have 4 in stock

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-Urbanite-Wireless-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-schwarz/dp/B00QKJ3UA2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1435572212&sr=8-3&keywords=sennheiser+momentum+wireless

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I tried them two times in different stores (although the version with a cable) and they really sound crappy to me. They have way to much bass and no clear highs, I think they were designed for current mainstream music which is sadly not my taste. Most of my stuff sounds "musshy" on these. :(

I tried them two times in different stores (although the version with a cable) and they really sound crappy to me. They have way to much bass and no clear highs, I think they were designed for current mainstream music which is sadly not my taste. Most of my stuff sounds "musshy" on these. :(

I thought the urbanites were very similar to the previous momentums just in a more modern styling

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There's not much competition in this area. Bose headphones are basically the only decent alternative, despite not being 100% audiophile approved.

I thought the urbanites were very similar to the previous momentums just in a more modern styling

One would hope, but none of the reviews have been good.

There's not much competition in this area. Bose headphones are basically the only decent alternative, despite not being 100% audiophile approved.

One would hope, but none of the reviews have been good.

Ah thats a big shame, :( my momentum on ears sound decent 

Might I inquire as to why you have opted to go for over ear headphones?

Edit: *Wireless... Not over ear

My hands have a way of not listening to my brain sometimes...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I found only one from bose with over-ear and bluetooth, the AE2, I'll add it to the list of headphones to try, thanks! :)

Might I inquire as to why you have opted to go for over ear headphones?

Edit: *Wireless... Not over ear

My hands have a way of not listening to my brain sometimes...

There are more or less two reasons: One is that I already own a few very decent headphones from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic which I use at home where a cable is no big problem, the other more important is that the jack socket of my player broke three times already. I basically listen to music all the time at work, on the way to work, while shopping for groceries and so on, you get the idea, so I'm unplugging and replugging the cable over ten times a day which is quite stressful for the device and I hoped to fix this with some wireless headphones.

There are more or less two reasons: One is that I already own a few very decent headphones from Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic which I use at home where a cable is no big problem, the other more important is that the jack socket of my player broke three times already. I basically listen to music all the time at work, on the way to work, while shopping for groceries and so on, you get the idea, so I'm unplugging and replugging the cable over ten times a day which is quite stressful for the device and I hoped to fix this with some wireless headphones.

That is a very understandable reason, however I have an argument or two against going that route. I own the Parrot Zik version 1, and within six months of careful treatment, the micro USB connector in the headphone broke. I would guess that you would have more trouble from the daily charging than you might from a wired solution.

I don't know if you use angled connectors, but a nice, robust 90 degree adapter for your favorite pair of headphones may fix the problems you have had with your portable device. On the same note (and actually I already asked, but then dismissed it :P) why go for over ear? If you listen to music all the time on the go, I would assume that a pair of IEMs would give you a much more comfortable listening experience.

Plus, if you got a dedicated DAP (such as the fiio X1) to go with them, you could just tuck it down your shirt and let the IEMs hang off your collar when you aren't listening, and leave the player in your pocket, plugged in. This would alleviate the stresses of plugging and un-plugging the headphones, and it would allow you to keep the cable from snagging due to it being tucked inside your shirt. Oh, also, if you haven't tried a nice pair of IEMs before, rest assured that they can sound as good, if not better than many full-size cans, even in the same price range! Something else along those lines, CosmicEars (based in Europe) and 1964Ears (based in the US) both offer very high quality, very low (relatively speaking) cost Custom IEMs, which would prevent any comfort concerns you may have. If you paired that (or any other high efficiency IEM or full size headphone, for that matter) with the Noble Audio BTS, you could have a very nice sounding bluetooth(ish) IEM.

As @ShearMe has already said, Bose are more or less the best solution here, if you NEED a full size over ear headphone. 

I forgot about Pendulumic! @creatip123 thanks for the reminder! They have been pretty well reviewed, so they may be worth a look as well. 

And my Siggy comes in handy again! :P Sorry for the long post...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Sennheiser does have a line of Bluetooth headphones, dunno why I always forget. I use the MM100 personally, MM500 and 550 are over ears. They are an older design, mine use a proprietary cable for charging.

http://nobleaudio.com/en/shop/wireless/

Noble have a BTS system that allows 3.5mm headphones to be connected. Purchase an over-ear that you like and you have yourself quite a portable system. 

I plan on purchasing this to be setup with my CIEM on the go system (currently using my Note 3 as my source). I heard that there is alot of issues with the momentum wireless, and you could avoid this by getting the momentum  2.0 (at a much cheaper price) and get the Noble BTS system and it would do you quite well.