Indeed I want a shop like that. Mostly because here in Mexico tech selling points sucks.

See, there is the online order, but isn't very popular. Point are that Amazon Mexico only sells books and for real orders ther is only Amazon US, with implies currency change, international shipping, etc. There are other things like MercadoLibre, wich is the latinoamerican version of ebay, but isn't very well.

In the other hand, best buy and departamental stores doesn't know the meaning of the term "pc parts". They just sell laptops or desktop pre-assembled HP-like PCs. No MOBOs, no graphics, no power supplies, just laptops. Tryhard to find something for PC that isn't an accesory.

The only way to find PC parts is to go to the "plaza de la tecnología". But the downside is they are quite insecure and far from being formal. Itls like the Harry Potter's diagonal street, buth with graphics instead of cauldrons. Very crowded, lots of little locals selling mostly ink packets, guys putting a hand over your shoulder as you pass as they scream in your ear "waht a re you looking dude? toner, tablets, usb sticks?"

Here is a picture of it so you have an idea:

plaza-de-la-tecnologia.jpg?resize=500%2C

maxresdefault.jpg

And the most downside: NCIX or stores like that here DOESN'T EVEN EXIST

#PCMasterRace #LinuxMasterRace

Don't mix being popular and common becasue ot being the best, and being common and popular because it was the first thing the people saw.

I wish they had those in Canada. I would totally go to one. I went to one when in S. Korea the famed Youngsan Electronics mall. It was very similar to the one in the video.

Codename: Project Stealth. See profile for specs.

Yeah I would love this kinda mall.
I'd love to see in person to get an idea of size, weight, and room for cables in a new case.
Ive seen way to many monitors that get good reviews and nobody mentions the ghosting/overdrive on the thing. I deal with a lot of black text on a white background, so when I see a brighter than 'white' trail while the text scrolls, or even if I move my mouse cursor, it really annoys me.

And lastly just to get an idea of what products are out there. I know next to nothing about today's modern AV receivers since I haven't been in the market for one since pre-HDTVs. But at least in one of these places I could walk in and all the products are likely new-ish so I'd get an idea of whats on the market, and get an idea of what products to look up reviews for.

Here in the Philippines, we have a small block of computer retailers rather than a mall. Located at Gilmore ave., Quezon City. Half of the stores sell latest up-to-quality computer components and peripherals, and the other half consists of older generation computers that are mainly built for computer LAN shops

Spoiler

I'm going to taiwan in a few days. I'll try to visit this place for sure.

Similar things do exist in America/NA, but usually they're within a big box store. Eg. (not sure if they do this anymore, but at one time they did) here in Canada they usually have at least one dedicated Apple & HP rep in a Best Buy, usually with their own small section within the store. Customers can come there for more detailed information about a product as the rep is supposed to be an expert on that brand's offerings. There is also that Google B&M store in the UK, can't remember which retailer it as a part of, but it is created with the same idea in mind... showroom rather than actual sales point.

I think it's just a fundamentally different outlook that US divisions have. From what I know, many NA outfits are much more focused on what directly drives sales, so they're far more likely to spend their budget on something they can relate directly to an increase in sales (eg. this location sold x units) rather than indirectly (eg. the customer experienced the product here, decided they liked it, shopped around for the best price and eventually bought it somewhere else).

Just my two cents - I could be totally incorrect as I don't have a lot of experience (see: basically none) in the TW market. I do think it would be super cool to have something like this locally, so hopefully I am wrong :D

Space is also extremely expensive in Taiwan since it's such a small country. I don't know the exact comparison to the US but I believe residential space is actually more expensive per square foot in Taiwan. I'm not sure about business/industrial space, but I can only assume that it translates similarly.

It's population density and generally gaming is significantly more stigmatized in NA than in Asia. I mean the looks you would get in the USA carrying a ds around as an adult is insane.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

This is a great concept hopefully it grows and goes global. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Can i find corsair aio there?? I am desprate for it

Can i find corsair aio there?? I am desprate for it

No. Been there last week and didn't see any corsair stuff.

It was as awesome it looks in the video.:P