Ultimate Console Killer!?

Since almost everyone did one and i was bored, i came up with my own console killer.

Da Rules:

1. It should cost at a max as much as the PS4 at amzon.de (400€ at the point of creating this build)

2. If it costs less than the XBox one at amzon.de (350€ at the point of creating this build) it is concidered to be called the ultimate console killer

3. It has to play the latest games at mid settings at 1080p at a min fps of 30

4. Parts can't be bought used to get a cheaper deal, but not all the parts must be bought in the same shop

As an OS i chose SteamOS since it's build for living room gaming and it doesn't cost a cent.

AMD A10 7870K                                            136,69€

ASRock FM2A78M-ITX+                                 80,73€

Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4GB                             49,46€

Seagate ST500LT033                                     38,69€

Xilence Performance C XP400                        24,56€

Chieftec IX-01B                                               20,82€

350,95€

Originally i planned to use an BitFenix Prodigy case, but for an budget build it would be kinda overkill and a cheap case does just as well. I even chose one with an optional wall mounting. I used an APU because i wanted to see how they perform, but i probably won't get this build, so i won't see how they perform :D anyways, they are a good budget part and i haven't seen a console killer with an apu.

I also choose to go without an optical drive, because most games are especially on steam digital. I also didn't go with WiFi, but i understand that many people only have access to WiFi so they could choose an MoBa which has WiFi like the MSI A88XI AC which costs around 104,90€

7870K is just a factory overclocked 7850K btw

Thanks :o good to know so you would change the 7870K with the 7850K to save 20€ which can be spend in games, peripherals or in the WiFi MoBa (or leave it like that and call the build the ultimate console killer :D) and overclock the apu by yourself :)

Since almost everyone did one and i was bored, i came up with my own console killer.

Da Rules:

1. It should cost at a max as much as the PS4 at amzon.de (400€ at the point of creating this build)

2. If it costs less than the XBox one at amzon.de (350€ at the point of creating this build) it is concidered to be called the ultimate console killer

3. It has to play the latest games at mid settings at 1080p at a min fps of 30

4. Parts can't be bought used to get a cheaper deal, but not all the parts must be bought in the same shop

As an OS i chose SteamOS since it's build for living room gaming and it doesn't cost a cent.

AMD A10 7870K                                            136,69€

ASRock FM2A78M-ITX+                                 80,73€

Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4GB                             49,46€

Seagate ST500LT033                                     38,69€

Xilence Performance C XP400                        24,56€

Chieftec IX-01B                                               20,82€

350,95€

Originally i planned to use an BitFenix Prodigy case, but for an budget build it would be kinda overkill and a cheap case does just as well. I even chose one with an optional wall mounting. I used an APU because i wanted to see how they perform, but i probably won't get this build, so i won't see how they perform :D anyways, they are a good budget part and i haven't seen a console killer with an apu.

I also choose to go without an optical drive, because most games are especially on steam digital. I also didn't go with WiFi, but i understand that many people only have access to WiFi so they could choose an MoBa which has WiFi like the MSI A88XI AC which costs around 104,90€

PS4 comes with an operating system so..... Windows? or you just going to pirate that?

Ignore that....

PS4 comes with an operating system so..... Windows? or you just going to pirate that?

Ignore that....

Ok

Much appreciated.... My lack of literacy was showing....

No problem. We all make mistakes sometimes :)

console killer? hardly

performance is going to be about the same or less even 

but, you gain all the benefits of owning a pc

console killer? hardly

performance is going to be about the same or less even 

but, you gain all the benefits of owning a pc

It's true that you won't outrun a consol with this build, but this wasn't the purpose. I tried to make a build, which costs about the same as an console and has about the same performance, but has, as you said, the benefits of a pc. The rule i set for this build was, that it plays nearly any game with mid settings at 1080p at 30fps. In BF4 you get a min of 25 (source:http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2014/01/Kaveri_APU-Benchmarks_BF4-SP_1080p-pcgh.png) and if you overclock it, you have the 30 fps.

I called it a console killer, because it has the benefits of a consol: A OS for couchgaming and it is cheap and it has the benefits of a pc: games are cheap, it's highly customizable etc.

It's not a "killer", it just beats consoles...

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub