I'd love some tips if anyone plays BF4

I've recently switched from XBOX to PC after building a cheap gaming rig and I'm loving it, the first game I've got into is Battlefield 4 and I'm only just starting to get the hang of using keyboard and mouse as opposed to the controller. If anyone has any tips or anyone fancies a game then please feel free to get in touch. 

I want to get good at sniping mainly so if there are any good snipers out there hit me up! 

I have posted my latest below and I'd love to hear you criticism constructive or trolling lol! I was way to excited when I got the noob tube kill at the start lol! 

Only real advice there is: Put hours into the game, you will only get better with time when it comes to learning new things, and that goes for anything, not just gaming.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Cheer's Swndlr! I put hours into trying to become a rapper like Eminem when I was younger and that didn't turn out to well haha! I'm staying postive on Kills to deaths now at least! last week I was 2 kills and 20 deaths lol

Well, just play more Battlefield 4. Learn the map, the vehicles, and the function of each class. One tip, if you want to go into the action, bring a friend or two, they will save your lives in the battlefield.

Make your mini map hige

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Edit your video and play either Push It To The Limit from the movie "Scarface" (also GTA Vice City) or the Karate Kid song "You're The Best" and nobody is going to beat you and put that in your video. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

Also...slow your mouse down.

Most players run about 800 DPI for run and gun and I suggest 400 DPI for sniping.

Use a mouse with variable DPI with a shift on the fly key set.

I use 800 DPI for my soldier and 1550 DPI in a vehicle.

Your aim assist is gone now. So try to have your hip fire sights on the target before you aim down sight.

Set your DPI speed so a comfortable flick of the wrist (about 6-8 inches) is a perfect 180° turn.

You've already noticed how much faster your soldier turns with a mouse as compared to a controller. And how much easier it is to put it on target.

Now keep this in mind...as much as your mouse is easier to you...it's 100X that easy for the vets....you are going to get absolutely rekt for a while.

Don't get frustrated...too frustrated anyway. It will get better.

Don't panic over a 0.2 KDR for a while. Just play until you start getting better with the mouse. Then reset your stats and start fresh.

I reset my stats daily because I like trying new stuff in every game and get killed a LOT morre than I kill...trolling the EOD bot and trying to get defib kills ruins your stats.lol...

As a matter of fact...sshhhhh....I have a completely separate soldier for playing hard and one for learning tricks and getting killed a lot.

Here's a look at how I use my mini map by the way....It's 150% size with a 50 meter range (I really don't care to see the things 150 meters away. More interested in that bully with a knife right around the corner.lol...).

post-228957-0-45256600-1435642915_thumb.

And for the record...I hate snipers and don't feel they contribute to team play. Just personal KDR boosters.

I like that you seem to go after enemy snipers though. That is the only legit reason to play as a sniper in my book. Good job.

You seem to have a grasp on the game play...Just watched the video because like I said...I don't like snipers.lol....

A tip though...If you are sniping from an exposed area like a hill or a tower....Put down a TUGS!

If you don't use a TUGS you'll end up featured in a Russkhof video.lol...

I hate it when people complain about "campers". A real soldier isn't going to run into a damn battle like he has multiple lives. A sniper isn't going to run around like a chicken with its head cut off either. People who complain about it are nothing but children. If you aren't skilled enough to avoid such talentless hacks as "campers" than it is your own problem.

@chrislichfield

When did you start playing? You are actually already real good. At this point all  you really need to do is remember maps, offer good teamwork (never run into a fight alone at the least and always help those around you) and practice and practice.

There are also "noob" servers out there, but I wouldn't recommend them. Highly skilled players have taken them over to get easy kills, so maybe find servers that aren't too populated to train on. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

@chrislichfield

i do alot of sniping on BF4 , i have 300+ hours on BF4 

all i can suggest is that you find the way YOU play best , 1 tip i do have from watching your video tho 

When you are aiming and shooting try to move at the same time , its tricky to get the hang of because you have to move the mouse to keep on aim with thee target as well as move about 

i switched from xbox to PC too , took me about a month to get used to keyboard and mouse , but you will get it :)

BTW im in the midlands too :D

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Edit your video and play either Push It To The Limit from the movie "Scarface" (also GTA Vice City) or the Karate Kid song "You're The Best" and nobody is going to beat you and put that in your video. 

Im surprised how much this actually helped thanks :) 

Also...slow your mouse down.

Most players run about 800 DPI for run and gun and I suggest 400 DPI for sniping.

Use a mouse with variable DPI with a shift on the fly key set.

I use 800 DPI for my soldier and 1550 DPI in a vehicle.

Your aim assist is gone now. So try to have your hip fire sights on the target before you aim down sight.

Set your DPI speed so a comfortable flick of the wrist (about 6-8 inches) is a perfect 180° turn.

You've already noticed how much faster your soldier turns with a mouse as compared to a controller. And how much easier it is to put it on target.

Now keep this in mind...as much as your mouse is easier to you...it's 100X that easy for the vets....you are going to get absolutely rekt for a while.

Don't get frustrated...too frustrated anyway. It will get better.

Don't panic over a 0.2 KDR for a while. Just play until you start getting better with the mouse. Then reset your stats and start fresh.

I reset my stats daily because I like trying new stuff in every game and get killed a LOT morre than I kill...trolling the EOD bot and trying to get defib kills ruins your stats.lol...

As a matter of fact...sshhhhh....I have a completely separate soldier for playing hard and one for learning tricks and getting killed a lot.

Here's a look at how I use my mini map by the way....It's 150% size with a 50 meter range (I really don't care to see the things 150 meters away. More interested in that bully with a knife right around the corner.lol...).

Thanks very much for the info McKrakin I'll have a play around with the settings tomorrow. 

And for the record...I hate snipers and don't feel they contribute to team play. Just personal KDR boosters.

I like that you seem to go after enemy snipers though. That is the only legit reason to play as a sniper in my book. Good job.

You seem to have a grasp on the game play...Just watched the video because like I said...I don't like snipers.lol....

A tip though...If you are sniping from an exposed area like a hill or a tower....Put down a TUGS!

If you don't use a TUGS you'll end up featured in a Russkhof video.lol...

haha ace, I'll see if I have unlocked those ! 

I hate it when people complain about "campers". A real soldier isn't going to run into a damn battle like he has multiple lives. A sniper isn't going to run around like a chicken with its head cut off either. People who complain about it are nothing but children. If you aren't skilled enough to avoid such talentless hacks as "campers" than it is your own problem.

@chrislichfield

When did you start playing? You are actually already real good. At this point all  you really need to do is remember maps, offer good teamwork (never run into a fight alone at the least and always help those around you) and practice and practice.

There are also "noob" servers out there, but I wouldn't recommend them. Highly skilled players have taken them over to get easy kills, so maybe find servers that aren't too populated to train on. :)

I've been playing now for around two weeks so pretty new, it's a struggle going from a console pad to keyboard and mouse but I'm starting to get the grasp of it now. The video I posted was from a Noob server lol! Thanks for the tips greatly appreciated. 

@chrislichfield

i do alot of sniping on BF4 , i have 300+ hours on BF4 

all i can suggest is that you find the way YOU play best , 1 tip i do have from watching your video tho 

When you are aiming and shooting try to move at the same time , its tricky to get the hang of because you have to move the mouse to keep on aim with thee target as well as move about 

i switched from xbox to PC too , took me about a month to get used to keyboard and mouse , but you will get it :)

BTW im in the midlands too :D

Awesome I'll try and give it a go! inbox me your Origin ID if you like and we can have a game one day! 

I've recently switched from XBOX to PC after building a cheap gaming rig and I'm loving it, the first game I've got into is Battlefield 4 and I'm only just starting to get the hang of using keyboard and mouse as opposed to the controller. If anyone has any tips or anyone fancies a game then please feel free to get in touch. 

I want to get good at sniping mainly so if there are any good snipers out there hit me up! 

I have posted my latest below and I'd love to hear you criticism constructive or trolling lol! I was way to excited when I got the noob tube kill at the start lol! 

I noticed you were using the AN-94 in full auto, use it in burst mode.  In full auto its RoF is 600rpm and in Burst it is 1200rpm, so even with the burst delay it should fire faster then full auto.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Yeah...and lying on that hill two meters from out of bounds,waiting for some idiot to step into your crosshairs....that does not win objectives. It actually does nothing but boost the individuals stats.

I know most long range snipers think they contribute...they don't.

I like seeing guys play Recon just to go after these snipers though and Russkhof is my hero...I get giddy when he humiliates somebody like that.

Did you notice that when he sneaks up behind those campers he is out of bounds? Like an arms length away from them?

These guys purposely go as far away from the action as possible...out of bounds and two paces back. Zero help to their team...just occupying a slot that a good assault/support/engineer could be using.

I do have a recon loadout that I use....it's a full auto carbine,a spawn beacon and a Mav that I use to take out enemy mortars and spawn beacons...and an occasional explosive if I catch a Dorito standing close enough to it.lol...

When I say camper...I'm not talking about the guy hiding in a shipping container while the flag is coming down or going up. I mean the guys out of range of the actual game and just picking off stragglers for KDR.

Yeah...and lying on that hill two meters from out of bounds,waiting for some idiot to step into your crosshairs....that does not win objectives. It actually does nothing but boost the individuals stats.

I know most long range snipers think they contribute...they don't.

I like seeing guys play Recon just to go after these snipers though and Russkhof is my hero...I get giddy when he humiliates somebody like that.

Did you notice that when he sneaks up behind those campers he is out of bounds? Like an arms length away from them?

These guys purposely go as far away from the action as possible...out of bounds and two paces back. Zero help to their team...just occupying a slot that a good assault/support/engineer could be using.

I do have a recon loadout that I use....it's a full auto carbine,a spawn beacon and a Mav that I use to take out enemy mortars and spawn beacons...and an occasional explosive if I catch a Dorito standing close enough to it.lol...

When I say camper...I'm not talking about the guy hiding in a shipping container while the flag is coming down or going up. I mean the guys out of range of the actual game and just picking off stragglers for KDR.

Agreed, Only time i've pulled out the recon kit in the limited time I've played was on a 64 man metro only server, like the only way to get kills without turning a corner and having like 20 enemies standing there at one of the choke points =P ...

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I've recently switched from XBOX to PC

I welcome you.

Agreed, Only time i've pulled out the recon kit in the limited time I've played was on a 64 man metro only server, like the only way to get kills without turning a corner and having like 20 enemies standing there at one of the choke points =P ...

LOL...I don't even play Metro or Lockers.

Those are just meat grinders and I just don't have the reflexes for it.

I haven't played a ton of recon, it's my least played class, but I can give some general tips.

1.One thing I am surprised no one mentioned is customizing your hit marker colors. that is something that has improved my game a lot. I use blue for regular hit markers, purple for headshots and red for kill indicator. this has been one of the changes that has helped me the most. the colors aren't the important part, what is, is that they are visually distinctive to give you as much information as possible.

2.As a recon I have had the most success by sticking to one sniper rifle and learning it, for me it was the srr-61, but use whatever you are comfortable with and learn how far to lead your running opponents, nothing more satisfying than getting a headshot on a running enemy.

3. SPOT, SPOT, SPOT. this is one of the most helpful things you can do as a recon who is farther back from the action or on a rooftop, especially whith how reliant people are on the mini map in bf4

4. The recon class, imo, has the most versatility in the game. don't be afraid to pull out some c4 if tanks are wrecking your team, or put a spawn beacon closer to the action than you normally would to help push an objective.

5. This one may sound kinda obvious, but play to have fun, whatever that means. For me I use some weapons that don't see much use, like the pdw-r or the as-val or the l-85 and the f2000, if doing some long range sniping is what is fun for you then do that, after all what is the point in playing if you don't have fun.

edit: forgot about symthic, look them up; they have all the the info on every weapon in the game except shotgun spread, it might seem daunting but the 2 most important stats for snipers are damage and bullet travel speed

Pick one or two snipers and stick with those, and choose a different scope for each. One sniper for long range and one for single shot kills at medium range. I'm guessing you already have some favorites from play on Xbox.

May as well post my video. You'll get accused of cheating from some people if you don't use a range finder but ignore them.

Can someone confirm for me that is there any kind of ping limits on servers? Do they allow players with more than 200 ping?