Back when motherboards looked epic and had character.

Back when motherboard chipsets needed active cooling and came in a Multi-coloured dream coat of colours.

Had something like this as my first build

598_8.jpg With DSCF0005_300.jpg

And 

ram like this (red pcb without the heat-spreaders)

patriot.jpg

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Apparently the word "epic" has been redefined to mean "a bunch of colorful bells and whistles"

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

back when xfx made nvidia cards lol

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

I think even boards now still look epic and have character in their own way.

This was from when I reviewed my Z87 XPower

k3DQpU9.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Asus_Pinot_Noir_board_01.jpg

Man.. those heatsinks look like something you can unplug and then loudly shout..

HENSHIN!!

kamen_rider_gaimu_henshin_by_xmarcoxfans

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

That ROG one.... The hell is that?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Asus_Pinot_Noir_board_01.jpg

is that water cooling on a mobo? what the shit...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yup, stock..

You still can but the chipsets these days don't need it.

I personally think the X79 and Z77 boards are really good looking, some Z97 but not many.

IMO, best motherboard ever made produced -

ASUS%20Z97MS%20-%20Top%20Covered.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

watercooling the mobo chipset has been done for along time and is stil being done today, ekwb manufactures blocks for most motherboards.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I personally think the X79 and Z77 boards are really good looking, some Z97 but not many.

Dear god no... But eye of the beholder and all..

Dear god no... But eye of the beholder and all..

Id rather have white sleekness inside my PC rather than the National Gay Pride Parade

(no hate towards gays, i <3 everyone)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

You mean looked awful and made me vomit.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Never really understood the point of the shroud, and I really hate the camo look.  Couldn't they have just kept it white?  Camo, seriously?  Is my motherboard trying to blend in with the tundra landscape that is the inside of my computer case?

Never really understood the point of the shroud, and I really hate the camo look.  Couldn't they have just kept it white?  Camo, seriously?  Is my motherboard trying to blend in with the tundra landscape that is the inside of my computer?

Yeh I suppose, but it would look really boring IMO if it was just all white, although possible v sexy lol :P

I think it looks pretty nice, and anyway, you can always just take off the thermal armor and paint it all white if you wanted to, since it detaches.

Id rather have white sleekness inside my PC rather than the National Gay Pride Parade

(no hate towards gays, i <3 everyone)

If only galax made motherboards... But I have to say I'm a huge fan of the MSI Krait colour scheme too..

http://www.galax.net/KFA2/980ti_hof.html

If only galax made motherboards... But I have to say I'm a huge fan of the MSI Krait colour scheme too..

http://www.galax.net/KFA2/980ti_hof.html

That card looks so big, can only imagine the sag :(

Can't be heavier than this

193a.jpg

What.the.actual.fuck...

That card looks so big, can only imagine the sag :(

back-plate for stiffness... Better than a windforce which IIRC doesn't have a back-plate.