De-pinning my cables

Veron

I have a corsair hx1000i that I've been sleeving and the molex stuff is no problem. But, when I try to do atx stuff I can't remove any pins! If you have any help it is much appreciated.

Yeah I've got the tools, but no matter what I try the pin won't come out even when I push the tool as far as possible.

Yeah I've got the tools, but no matter what I try the pin won't come out even when I push the tool as far as possible.

Make sure your the prongs on the tool are slightly bent inwards it needs to compress the clips to unpin it.

atxtools2.jpg

Ooh maybe they aren't bending inward. That makes sense. Thanks!

My tool broke and one of the terminals (at least it was a replaceable pc I to quad molex that I have two more of) so I'm not sleeving any time soon. But I think the tool wasn't reaching the clips on the sides.

My tool broke and one of the terminals (at least it was a replaceable pc I to quad molex that I have two more of) so I'm not sleeving any time soon. But I think the tool wasn't reaching the clips on the sides.

Try Lutro0Customs they have pretty high quality tools. For the tool try not to force it it will break if you apply too much force. 

http://mainframecustom.com/product-category/cable-sleeving/tools/

That was the one I had maybe it was my fault