Best Bittorrent Client?

ved

I've been using uTorrent up till now till someone told me it's a bad client. Which one should I use instead? Deluge? Transmission? What benefits do these offer over uTorrent?

To be honest, I've been using uTorrent for a few years now. It works, I don't have any trouble with it, and I kind of put it out of my mind. I really like that I can close the program / shut down my PC automatically after downloads. I'm a filthy leecher, but with a Verizon MiFi device, seeding isn't really possible. :P

I use qBittorrent

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I use qBittorrent

What speeds do you get? I get around 2-3.5 mbps.

What speeds do you get? I get around 2-3.5 mbps.

Speed has nothing to do with the torrent program itself.  That has to do with your ISP, your modem, your router, the peers/seeders of that particular torrent, etc. etc.  qBittorent is the best program imo, because of its simple, lightweight interface, and zero ads.

And I think you mean you are getting 3.5 MBps, which is the equivalent of a 30 Mbps internet speed.  So it looks like you are capped by your ISP.  No program is going to give you more speed than what your ISP is providing you.

Tell that someone that he/she is drunk and should go home. The performance difference is neglectable.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Tell that someone that he/she is drunk and should go home. The performance difference is neglectable.

I thought that was it and someone told me uTorrent is holding me back and I had to make sure.

I thought that was it and someone told me uTorrent is holding me back and I had to make sure.

I get my 7 MB/s in well seeded torrents...

This is a signature.

I get my 7 MB/s in well seeded torrents...

What's your download and upload speed on speedtest.net?

What's your download and upload speed on speedtest.net?

Atm this:

4464691833.png

Sometimes it peaks 60 Mbps (around 7,5 MB/s)

This is a signature.

Atm this:

4464691833.png

Sometimes it peaks 60 Mbps (around 7,5 MB/s)

Is it just me or does the majority of the US have dumbfuck slow internet. My internet is less than half as fast as yours on a good day and mine is the second most expensive package.

Is it just me or does the majority of the US have dumbfuck slow internet. My internet is less than half as fast as yours on a good day and mine is the second most expensive package.

Not sure, I'm lucky to live in a main city so I've fiber. In other parts of the country they have pretty shitty ADSL

This is a signature.

I've been using uTorrent up till now till someone told me it's a bad client. Which one should I use instead? Deluge? Transmission? What benefits do these offer over uTorrent?

vuze is easily the best client

tons of features and very customiable

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I like transmission but its only linux and mac so if im not on those platforms i just use deluge.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

UTorrent is fine for me

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

4470691619.png

(I think my Xbox One is downloading something, I'm supposed to have 75/75. At the same time, it's on wireless)

I get around 2MB/s on wireless and 8MB/s on wired using uTorrent

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I really like Tixati, sam guys behind WinMX.

Tux is a lie.

I use Transmission on OSX and on Windows I use TransmissionQT, I like how minimalist it is, gets the thing done, no extra unneeded crap

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15