On board graphics switch?

Freeeeezy

In my brothers PC he has an Intel i7 4790K and, wait for it... a GT 610... yeah I know. But while playing League of Legends, my friend said he was getting almost 200 fps with the onboard graphics on his i5 4690K, while I was getting 30fps. 

So I was wondering how I would switch the computer to run off of onboard graphics because I feel that they might improve performance compared to the blasphemous device plugged in to my brothers PCiE slot at the moment.

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

Yeah either take out the card or connect the cable to the motherboard (higher than the graphics card normally).

Be sure to touch the BIOS as it might not switch automatically.

Use the video output on your motherboard instead of your PCIe device. You should get 60fps no problem on LoL with on board graphics

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I just realized there are no graphics ports on the mother board... No HDMI, no DVI, not even D-Sub... RIP

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

Tell him he should have spent more money on his graphics card and less on his CPU

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

-Take out the card

-Use the output on the motherboard

-Disable your GPU in Device Manager

(not in order, just the things you can do)

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

plug the output on the motherboard 

install folding@home and make use of this shittygpu 

In my brothers PC he has an Intel i7 4790K and, wait for it... a GT 610... yeah I know. But while playing League of Legends, my friend said he was getting almost 200 fps with the onboard graphics on his i5 4690K, while I was getting 30fps. 

So I was wondering how I would switch the computer to run off of onboard graphics because I feel that they might improve performance compared to the blasphemous device plugged in to my brothers PCiE slot at the moment.

Maybe your friend was running LoL at different graphics settings/resolution?

Maybe your friend was running LoL at different graphics settings/resolution?

Probably should've asked. He said maxed graphics but I'm not sure what resolution monitor he was running or what resolution his game was set to.

Tell him he should have spent more money on his graphics card and less on his CPU

He never really planned on using his computer to play games. It's used more for streaming console games which means theres really no use for a nice graphics card.