Pedals useful? With joystick hotas

have stick, very good. If those pedels hook up via USB independently thay would be fine. But unless you are trying to save some money and wanna get a steering wheel down the line I recommend just getting this rather then car pedals

Car pedals are going to have some disadvantages over these  http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html But both of them the quality is going to feel pretty cheap next to the warthog flight stick I can tell you that much.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

have stick, very good. If those pedels hook up via USB independently thay would be fine. But unless you are trying to save some money and wanna get a steering wheel down the line I recommend just getting this rather then car pedals

Car pedals are going to have some disadvantages over these  http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html But both of them the quality is going to feel pretty cheap next to the warthog flight stick I can tell you that much.

I think i mean pedals as in will they help in flying a spaceship so i dont think ill need a wheel like ever.

I think i mean pedals as in will they help in flying a spaceship so i dont think ill need a wheel like ever.

then look up rudder pedals rather then ones ment for a wheel like those, car pedals are going to have diffrent tensions across all 3 pedals.( Or they should)

and the way rudder pedals work is they work like a seasaw, you push one end  and the other end is pulled down, making it impossible to ress each pedal in the same direction, of course with car pedals that impossible & counter productive to what you are trying to do.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

then look up rudder pedals rather then ones ment for a wheel like those, car pedals are going to have diffrent tensions across all 3 pedals.( Or they should)

and the way rudder pedals work is they work like a seasaw, you push one end  and the other end is pulled down, making it impossible to ress each pedal in the same direction, of course with car pedals that impossible & counter productive to what you are trying to do.

Ok that answers my question then. didnt know there were other types of pedals

i have the choise between these 3 - which would u say is more suitable? i know litteraly nothing about this as you understand by now but i want the full setup for starcitizen.

https://www.komplett.no/saitek-pro-flight-cessna-rudder-pedals/820579

https://www.komplett.no/saitek-pro-flight-rudder-pedals/322634

https://www.komplett.no/saitek-pro-flight-combat-rudder-pedals/809704

the only link that worked was the last one.

System Specs

There is one thing I've read that's made me hesitant (read, not experienced ;)), that is during longer play sessions (like those you will likely have in SCs PU) because of the relatively fixed seating position pedals force you into it can get uncomfortable. Its something I would like to try for myself before condemning them but it also makes sense.

There is one thing I've read that's made me hesitant (read, not experienced ;)), that is during longer play sessions (like those you will likely have in SCs PU) because of the relatively fixed seating position pedals force you into it can get uncomfortable. Its something I would like to try for myself before condemning them but it also makes sense.

i understand what you mean and i agree but i dont have to use them all the time either so its probably fine :L

The links should work now?

Sorry had to work yesterday, from what I read they are all going to function the exact same, none have more or less features the the other. one is just cheap. and one had metal foot pedals...so unless you want that metal construction (which I remind you at times is going to be cold and not nice if you wanna play in socks) just get the cheapest one, the cessna one is just...I dunno a cessna replica if you want it to go with their other cessna branded stuff,

I personally have the cheapest one.

System Specs

Pedals are important with the Warthog stick because it doesn't have a twist included. Most sticks have an input with a twist of the stick, but the Warthog does not.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Pedals are important with the Warthog stick because it doesn't have a twist included. Most sticks have an input with a twist of the stick, but the Warthog does not.

there are work arounds on he stick and throttle itself. its not as good as pedals, but you can get by.

System Specs

I alredy decided to get this joystick hotas 

https://www.komplett.no/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-flightstick/649014

Wondering if pedals will work at all? and if its useful with hotas?

If useful i might get 

https://www.komplett.no/thrustmaster-t3pa-pedals/824895

what do you think?

With most HOTAS systems on the market, you may do without pedals, since their sticks have a twist axis that can be used for the same purposes. However, the Warthog in particular, even though it is indeed the sturdiest, most accurate and all around best stick on the market, does not have a twist axis. If it is really your final choice, then you will definitely need pedals too. Otherwise there will be one axis (either yaw or roll) in which you will not be able to move your craft.

Some people are mapping it to one of the thumb buttons on the Warthog's throttle and going without pedals, but the result is not very optimal because you need to keep your thumb on it at all times in order to fly well yet, in any combat flight sim worth its salt, you also need to use the other thumb buttons pretty regularly too.   :)

So if money is not an issue, pedals are definitely the way to go with a Warthog. 

Yes pedals (flight pedals) are useful for me anyway.s I use the pedals for roll and the toe brake for push to talk. It takes a bit to get used to, but the end result is some smooth flying. Tie that all together with a Track IR with the zoom in and zoom out disabled works well with a gimble.

The only thing fair in life is between first and third.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super happy with my Saitek Combat pedals. In Star Citizen I have them mapped to roll with the stick mapped to pitch and yaw. 

Yes pedals (flight pedals) are useful for me anyway.s I use the pedals for roll and the toe brake for push to talk. It takes a bit to get used to, but the end result is some smooth flying. Tie that all together with a Track IR with the zoom in and zoom out disabled works well with a gimble.

mmm track ir, love mine I wish more games used it.

System Specs

Both me and my friend will have a full HOTAS setup with the stick and pedals. We think with a game like this it will be very important. Others are K+M advocates on this forum but personally I want to be safe wile we are flying around in >$1500 worth of game xD

• 2 weeks later...

I have a HOTAS (SAITEK x52 Pro), rudder pedals (Saitek), and a yoke (Saitek). I haven't played Star Citizen much at all, and I certainly haven't calibrated the HOTAS as when I try to use it it spazzes all over the place. I might use the Yoke when I'm doing non-combat stuff, which will be a large part of the time, but it's simply not practical for dog fighting. You'd certainly want to get rudder pedals, as the extra axis is very useful, although lots of joysticks have it built in, you could use the one in the joystick for something else.