Does anybody care about resolution and fps ?

Lab140

Now don't get me wrong I know both of these have an impact on games. I do have a interest in them and computers as a whole and I know if you want the BEST looking game you need a pc but for me when I want to play a game I just like sitting back and enjoying the game with friends, and resolution and fps does  not really affect this. 

I should also add I have a ps4 and prefer it over a pc for gaming any day of the week.

I also posted this in the console gaming part to try and talk to other like mined people and not to get posts regarding high spec pcs

You will not enjoy a game if u get 3fps average.

You will probably not enjoy a game if u play 800x600 or so res (being one of the latest titles, no retroerino)

^^

"Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see"

- Angel | Theory Of A Deadman

wat?   Play a game at FPS jumping from 15-30 and 720p and say that again.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I could not play under full HD, but I would rather have constant 30 FPS than jumps from 40-70 FPS if you wanna hear that

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

You will not enjoy a game if u get 3fps average.

You will probably not enjoy a game if u play 800x600 or so res.

^^

exactly

you need to have a minimum of 30fps and 720p to have a playable experience at all

60fps 1080p is recommended

past that its not really necessary to have a "good enough" experience

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

resolution and fps will effect you even if you dont think about it the higher they both are the more enjoyable the game will be to play if you play a game at 5fps your going to hate it

Now don't get me wrong I know both of these have an impact on games. I do have a interest in them and computers as a whole and I know if you want the BEST looking game you need a pc but for me when I want to play a game I just like sitting back and enjoying the game with friends, and resolution and fps does  not really affect this. 

I pretty much need 720p 40fps

Well batman has taught me that frame rate under 30FPS is horrible, especially when you have an sli setup with everything on low at 720p

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

wat?   Play a game at FPS jumping from 15-30 and 720p and say that again.

Thats just taking it to an extreme. Also I used to play minecraft on my old laptop at around 20fps with all the settings turned down and enjoyed it.

For big games I try to get the most out of my graphics card and will sacrifice as much performance as i can but my lowest limit is 40fps on 1080p and for small games I can play at 800x600 and open a browser on the other side and some music overlay maybe

exactly

you need to have a minimum of 30fps and 720p to have a playable experience at all

60fps 1080p is recommended

past that its not really necessary to have a "good enough" experience

60fps 1080p is not recommended its just stupid pc elites lies

I used to play on a 1360*768 tv. I got a 1080p monitor and it made everything so much better.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

For me I need 1080 @30ish fps, I can see the difference between 1080 and 720 but I would prefer higher resolution textures over a higher frame rate.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I can say that after moving from a 768 TFT laptop monitor to a 1080p IPS 23 inch one I would recommend 1080p 60fps+ with all my heart, it's not something stupid it "really" is a change of standard

its actually not

there is a really big difference between 720p and 1080p, as well as 30fps and 60fps

you've probably never played anything at 1080p 60fps so you wouldn't know

or maybe you have bad eyesight, I have some friends that cant tell the difference between 720p 30fps and 1080p 60fps with their glasses off

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I can say that after moving from a 768 TFT laptop monitor to a 1080p IPS 23 inch one I would recommend 1080p 60fps+ with all my heart, it's not something stupid it "really" is a change of standard

I don't disagree that it is nicer as it is but saying its recommended as a minimum for gaming is just wrong

Preferred : Resolution - 1080p / 1440p - AMD VSR

Preferred : Fps - 60 Fps - Playing on a Tv there is no need to go over 60 Fps.

Preferred : Texture Quality - I prefer smoother gameplay over how the game looks.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

its actually not

there is a really big difference between 720p and 1080p, as well as 30fps and 60fps

you've probably never played anything at 1080p 60fps so you wouldn't know

or maybe you have bad eyesight, I have some friends that cant tell the difference between 720p 30fps and 1080p 60fps with their glasses off

I have played 1080p 60fps on a friends pc but It just did not give me what I wanted from playing games which was really the point of this post but I may have worded it wrong as all im getting are people talking about pc gaming when I posted this in the console gaming section

I don't disagree that it is nicer as it is but saying its recommended as a minimum for gaming is just wrong

If you are going to play a game on full screen and most tvs now are 1080p then the resolution "must" be 1080p. 4k TVs have entered the market  and are mass sold everywhere-NEXT GEN consoles can't keep up with 1080p 30 fps on some games. The machines made for "gaming" cannot guarantee a lag free fhd experience on your everyday tv. Are you going to game on your Xbox one after 2 years having invested 400 dollars in a media center and 1000 more in games ? You wouldn't want to have a 4k tv because you would be playing call of duty 6 sub 720p 30 fps, that's the deal, that's what's funny about consoles.

I have played 1080p 60fps on a friends pc but It just did not give me what I wanted from playing games which was really the point of this post but I may have worded it wrong as all im getting are people talking about pc gaming when I posted this in the console gaming section

this is a PC gaming forum

and I didnt say anything about PC

I said 1080p 60fps is better

it doesnt have to be on a small monitor

if your console could do 1080p 60fps on your big tv then you would instantly see its way better than 720p 30fps

I play on a tv because I want a big screen experience, and 1080p 60fps is a big improvement

Spoiler

this is a PC gaming forum

and I didnt say anything about PC

I said 1080p 60fps is better

it doesnt have to be on a small monitor

if your console could do 1080p 60fps on your big tv then you would instantly see its way better than 720p 30fps

I play on a tv because I want a big screen experience, and 1080p 60fps is a big improvement

Its not a pc gaming forum its a tech forum and I posted about console gaming in the console area.

Its not a pc gaming forum its a tech forum and I posted about console gaming in the console area.

again, 1080p and 60fps does not mean I am talking about PC

Spoiler

FPS yes. I play a lot of fighting games, if the frame rate isnt locked at 60fps then games desync and timing gets thrown off. Resolution I dont care about too much.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14