Unofficial R9 Fury X reviews master post.

marldorthegreat

I don't understand "placeholder" news posts. "There's totally gonna be some news guys... eventually... But I totally posted this news first! Before there was news! So anything else is a report!"

I dont think so, probably learned from the r9 290x cooler

Or who knows, maybe with air cooling the would overheat like crazy  :lol: /jk

I even put the /jk in there.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I don't understand "placeholder" news posts. "There's totally gonna be some news guys... eventually... But I totally posted this news first! Before there was news! So anything else is a report!"

Would you rather a thread a day after the news, or a day before the news?

It's set out nicely with some information already, if people were to look around thouroghly before posting than a repost wouldn't happen, and said report would never need to be sent. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Would you rather a thread a day after the news, or a day before the news?

When there actually is news would be good.

There is news. Both a countdown timer and Digital Storm benchmarks.

And any new thread created after this one will just get merged with this one, keeps the forum tidy.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Or who knows, maybe with air cooling the would overheat like crazy  :lol: /jk

Well we will see because the Air Cooled version of the Fury X it's called Fury :)

But bare this in mind - like people thought the R9 295X2 would overheat without WC, until Devil13 came out with a air cooler and still beated the Titan Z...

As I edited in my post and @That Norwegian Guy has said, there is news, and this is better set out. Nothing to fret about here. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

There is news. Both a countdown timer and Digital Storm benchmarks.

And any new thread created after this one will just get merged with this one, keeps the forum tidy.

Gotta say, every time you post i'm like hypnotized by your avatar for a good 2 or 3 minutes just watching it move

-------

Current Rig

-------

OCD got theirs in early lol

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

OC3D: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/amd_r9_fury_x_review/1

so far, very meh ...

it's on par with 980Ti reference; one thing looks clear: Fury X is no match for custom 980Ti s

so complicated design, HBM1 .. for what?! aven power draw (at the wall) raises some eyebrows:

23174943248l.jpg

if this is their flagship single GPU card, I'm worried for AMD and what that might mean for the future of PC gaming

my signature is. 

*clicks the first one*

*mashes Tab + Space*

Me: So... what was the point in all th - ♪ I'VE GOT TOOOOO MUCH TIME ON MAH HANDS! 

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Gotta say, every time you post i'm like hypnotized by your avatar for a good 2 or 3 minutes just watching it move

It also sums up my thoughts on Fury X :P

1336193497250_display.gif

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Honestly, it's disappointing.
It's not as fast as the 980Ti and that not even with almost 2x the memory bandwidth and 1000 more cores and water cooling.
Unless it's much cheaper than the 980 Ti which will vary from region to region I don't see why you would buy this over a 980 Ti.

RTX2070OC 

nvm

edit: gezz JasonRogo beat me to it. 

Edited by blackadder

Following

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Winning in 4K but losing out in 1440p and 1080p? Its a no from me :/

Just like the R9 290X vs the GTX 970.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL