So....I shouldn't worry about the Fury X then. And I should just buy another (non) Gigabyte GTX 970.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I've been reading different reviews all day, and I'm more confused than when I started. TechReport seems to have the harshest of the reviews, but this card seems to be all over the place. Digital Storm also showed that it's better in CF than two Titan X's. I don't know.

What are you guys talking about with the 1GB/s speed?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

what part of my comment said anything about gaming?

I said overclock.

Well when you overclock a GPU and put a load on it The most common type of load one puts on a graphics card is from gaming.

20-25 degrees from their recommended max temp at stock while gaming is quite a bit of headroom.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Well when you overclock a GPU and put a load on it The most common type of load one puts on a graphics card is from gaming.

20-25 degrees from their recommended max temp at stock while gaming is quite a bit of headroom.

you make a fair point but it still unrelated.

You dont stress test an overclock with a game nor will most games press the card enough.

I'm still skeptical on how it's going to overclock. The 290X was a joke but it wasn't watercooled.

This one is but that would mean that slapping a waterblock on it will give marginal good results.

Time will tell but first impression is: Meh.

you make a fair point but it still unrelated.

You dont stress test an overclock with a game nor will most games press the card enough.

I'm still skeptical on how it's going to overclock. The 290X was a joke but it wasn't watercooled.

This one is but that would mean that slapping a waterblock on it will give marginal good results.

Time will tell but first impression is: Meh.

I'd like to see how Fuji overclocks when third party vendors get to make customs boards for the Fury (nonx).

Personally I think that AMD limited overclocking to get it to fit comfortably in this form factor. An issue we hopefully wont see with all of the non-reference Fury (nonx) cards.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

I'd like to see how Fuji overclocks when third party vendors get to make customs boards for the Fury (nonx).

Personally I think that AMD limited overclocking to get it to fit comfortably in this form factor. An issue we hopefully wont see with all of the non-reference Fury (nonx) cards.

Is there a difference between X and non X?

Is there a difference between X and non X?

Some site say same chip with lower stock clocks and some say it is slightly cut down. Still not confirmed.

Maybe AMD hasn't decided on how much the Fury will be cut down, and is watching how Fury X is received. 

Im greatly disappointed with this gpu. 1k more streaming processors to the 3k cuda core count and it cant beat the titanX... That 275watt tdp is also pretty bad. Wonder how good the titanX would be if it had that amount of cuda cores on it. Well nvidia can afford to be lazy for a while now as people will need to overclock it just to match a 980ti....never mind a overclocked one.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

Steam: pizzatime6 Plus two other pc rigs and a craptop.

Maybe AMD hasn't decided on how much the Fury will be cut down, and is watching how Fury X is received. 

I really hope it isn't or is minimal. It would be great to see where board partners will go with it given the chance to cut loose. (Incoming quad 8 pin card :P)

Im greatly disappointed with this gpu. 1k more streaming processors to the 3k cuda core count and it cant beat the titanX... That 275watt tdp is also pretty bad. Wonder how good the titanX would be if it had that amount of cuda cores on it. Well nvidia can afford to be lazy for a while now as people will need to overclock it just to match a 980ti....never mind a overclocked one.

1000 more cuda cores would be considerably more transistors. The titan X is already at 8 Billion Transistors for "only" 3k cuda cores. Both AMD and Nvidia have said staying at this process node is not going to be viable for bigger chips and die shots tell you why; Both of these things are absolutely massive.

Also you can't go comparing GCN cores to Cuda cores they are not direct analogs. its like comparing a single cylinder from a V10 to one from a I4. It does not work breaking it down that far you need to look at the GPU as a whole.

Maybe I should just live with my 670 for one more year, and look at the 16 nm cards when they arrive. Or go for that sweet R9 Nano!

Maybe I should just live with my 670 for one more year, and look at the 16 nm cards when they arrive. Or go for that sweet R9 Nano!

Ya for the Main PC I'm also waiting for the next gen. My 290's will easily last until then.

And my ITX rig is begging to get an R9 Nano. Just waiting for a release date on the sucker.

1000 more cuda cores would be considerably more transistors. The titan X is already at 8 Billion Transistors for "only" 3k cuda cores. Both AMD and Nvidia have said staying at this process node is not going to be viable for bigger chips and die shots tell you why; Both of these things are absolutely massive.

Also you can't go comparing GCN cores to Cuda cores they are not direct analogs. its like comparing a single cylinder from a V10 to one from a I4. It does not work breaking it down that far you need to look at the GPU as a whole.

People on tech forums really need to stop comparing pc parts to car parts. Other then that its just sad and disappointing that the card can barely compete with a 980ti or beat it slightly in one or two games. AMD step up your game please.

MainRig- CPU: 4790k, RAM: 32gb 2400mhz, MOBO: Maximus Formula VII, COOLING: Full EK cooling, GPU: Titan X SLI, PSU: 1200w evga , STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 4TB hybrid CASE: 760T, EXTRAS: Sleeved cables

SecondRig- CPU:4690K, RAM: 16gb 1600mhz, MOBO: Maximus Gene VII, COOLING: H105, GPU: 970ftw, PSU: EVG650W,  STORAGE: 250gb SSD, 3TB, CASE: 540air 

"Pushing the boundaries of what is possible"

Ehm..... not realy. Had hoped for some real competition for nvidia, forcing them to step up their game on both ends (AMD & Nvidia) but sadly no.

Gonna wait for pascal

People on tech forums really need to stop comparing pc parts to car parts. Other then that its just sad and disappointing that the card can barely compete with a 980ti or beat it slightly in one or two games. AMD step up your game please.

Well those people that want the car analogies to stop, will need to stop making inaccurate comparisons of dissimilar parts, that force people to make analogies to explain why different things are different. Its like when someone with a suped up V8 compares their car to.....

Also its only disappointing if it does not improve form it's release drivers. If performance doesn't improve by the time Skylake launches it will be sad.

The only thing left to do is to sacrifice a goat to Lisa Su and pray for unlocked voltages. Anyone care to join me?

I'm not sure what's happening with nano. What does it compete with? The fury and x are already really small, what will nano allow itx people to do that this card or an air cooled one this long (fury regular) doesn't? Also, does know what the differences with day 1 drivers vs more optimised ones are historically?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Well those people that want the car analogies to stop, will need to stop making inaccurate comparisons of dissimilar parts, that force people to make analogies to explain why different things are different. Its like when someone with a suped up V8 compares their car to.....

Also its only disappointing if it does not improve form it's release drivers. If performance doesn't improve by the time Skylake launches it will be sad.

You could just say one has a different type of core architecture. Also I know they arent the same but come on! more power required and a massive amount of cores. If anything this shows AMD's approach is utter garbage. It's kinda like comparing a old v12 bwm to a modern v8...Guess AMD's engines suck balls. Either way this pisses me off greatly. I wanted AMD to blow my titan X's out of the water so  I can enjoy a nice upgrade in the future. All this does is make nvidia lazy as hell.

What a tease lol. I wonder how big of a difference the boost clocks on the 980ti makes because there are many reviews that show the fury x tying with the 980ti. 

Alot of the benchmarks I see show that if you OC your 980Ti or buy the EVGA SC OC edition it demolishes the Fury X.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You could just say one has a different type of core architecture. Also I know they arent the same but come on! more power required and a massive amount of cores. If anything this shows AMD's approach is utter garbage. It's kinda like comparing a old v12 bwm to a modern v8...Guess AMD's engines suck balls. Either way this pisses me off greatly. I wanted AMD to blow my titan X's out of the water so  I can enjoy a nice upgrade in the future. All this does is make nvidia lazy as hell.

A lot of the time you get people respond to the"They have different Architectures" response and say it is a cop out or just refuse to acknowledge the post at all. Bringing it down to something more common helps keep people in the conversation. AMD's performance does seem lack luster, It makes sense if they are trying to steal away the SFF crowd but if that was the case why not open up the board to partner revisions for the more hardcore searching for an extreme full-sized card. Also AMD's GCN architecture is absurdly good at compute too the point that the power efficiency is actually in their favor for compute loads.

it's just too bad that doesn't turn into a tangible Gaming performance boost.

A lot of the time you get people respond to the"They have different Architectures" response and say it is a cop out or just refuse to acknowledge the post at all. Bringing it down to something more common helps keep people in the conversation. AMD's performance does seem lack luster, It makes sense if they are trying to steal away the SFF crowd but if that was the case why not open up the board to partner revisions for the more hardcore searching for an extreme full-sized card. Also AMD's GCN architecture is absurdly good at compute too the point that the power efficiency is actually in their favor for compute loads.

it's just too bad that doesn't turn into a tangible Gaming performance boost.

I don;t look at compute I only care about gaming. That being said this gpu makes me sad. They could have done something really good. Like when the r9 295x2 came out. Seems to me people should except that different architectures perform differently. Add a few more cores on the titan black to mach the TitanX's cuda core count and you wont get the same performance. I just assumed AMD would bring their A game with this architecture and make those cores work for gaming a lot better. Well here hopes they do something better for next generation of gpu's I dont want nvidia to be lazy. If AMD isnt around we all lose.

Wait, is the voltage locked on this? Why?