Wall mounted gaming PC

sprudeldude

I'm planning to build my wall mounted gaming PC.
I chose for a wall mounted because my room is to small to put a case in it.
I'm allready making a plan to see where to place the components.

My biggest struggle is to find a way to mount the graphics card and the power supply to the plexiglass.
Anyone has got some tips ?

Thx

400-2114604.jpg

I just... Don't know how to explain it but you might get the idea. 2 Of them but big

BTW, this for the PSU

EDIT: Something like this

tzChUV0.png

This is a signature.

pci lane extenders and more pices of plexiglass and good luck id love to see the final result if you go through with this

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

-SNIP-

It woudl be best to have a small lip or shelf system to hold it up and bolt it in place from the back or an inconspicuous location. Alternatively you could literally double side tape it in place but that's not very modular.

Here's a build log of one of the best wall mounted PC's I've seen:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1424387/gallery-build-log-ultimate-wall-mount-rig-maxxplanck-v2-completed

I gonna use this card 

EVGA GeForce GTX970 FTW

Maybe it could help ?

400-2114604.jpg

I just... Don't know how to explain it but you might get the idea. 2 Of them but big

BTW, this for the PSU

EDIT: Something like this

tzChUV0.png

Nice !

But i was thinking for a non visual fix. 

It woudl be best to have a small lip or shelf system to hold it up and bolt it in place from the back or an inconspicuous location. Alternatively you could literally double side tape it in place but that's not very modular.

Here's a build log of one of the best wall mounted PC's I've seen:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1424387/gallery-build-log-ultimate-wall-mount-rig-maxxplanck-v2-completed

Wouldn't it give a problem when the graphics card get very hot, the glue of the tape just get liquid and the card just drops of the plate ?

Wouldn't it give a problem when the graphics card get very hot, the glue of the tape just get liquid and the card just drops of the plate ?

For the GPU I wouldn't recommend taping it, making a shelf to support it's weight is what would be best and having the GPU bolted in place either with a custom bracket or mount would be ideal. Also note if you are using a PCI-E riser/extension to wall mount the longer ones >50cm usually need to be professional ones from 3M.

I'm planning to build my wall mounted gaming PC.

I chose for a wall mounted because my room is to small to put a case in it.

I'm allready making a plan to see where to place the components.

My biggest struggle is to find a way to mount the graphics card and the power supply to the plexiglass.

Anyone has got some tips ?

Thx

I've been looking to do a wall build for a while and this (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/128679-loramentum-a-watercooled-wall-mounted-rig-cooler-master-voting-and-sequel-announcement-120515/page-1) is by far the most professional looking build I have seen. Also it should help you with how to mount some of the components.

• 2 weeks later...

For non visual with the psu, take the thing apart, in screw the screws that hold the board down, screw right through the surface you want to fix it to, plug fan back in and put cover back on..

Be very careful if you decide to remove the cover- PSUs are quiet dangerous if anything gets messes up

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Be very careful if you decide to remove the cover- PSUs are quiet dangerous if anything gets messes up

just be sure to not touch anything ;)