I have a quick question on fan support for my build.
I am using a Phantom 410 case, a Maximus VI Hero Mobo, and and H100i CPU Cooler
I am also planning on OverClocking (This is My Second Build-First Attempt at OC)
I hear that Corsair Link is problematic, and I would prefer to use the Motherboard Fan Controls and more specifically, AISuite III and the Four Way Optimization/Fan Xpert (as it's my first OC)- Which I hear works as long as you don't install any other software related to hardware controls and monitoring.
The problem I have is that my motherboard supports 5 total fan connections. I am planning on running a total of 7 fans in the configuration pic below. (Green: Intake; Red: Exhaust; Blue: Size in mm).
410 map.jpg 58.31KB 11 downloads
The top exhaust fans will be in push config with the H100i Rad on top of the case. All fans are NZXT other than the corsairs up top. The rear & bottom 120's came with the case, as did the 140 near the graphics card. The Front intake, and side intake 140's are a slightly higher quality model from NZXT.
The H100i will use the CPU Fan and CPU OPT on the Mobo- so I have 3 connections still available. ( I assume- see #4 below)
1) Can I use the Y adapters on two pairs of fans to reduce the connections down to 5 total?
2) What are the rules for using Y adapters other than voltage? (all fan connectors on the board are 4 pin and support 1 Amp- so I should be fine there)
3) Should I wire two of the 140's and two of the 120's together? I think it would work fine for the 140's as the additional ones are same Make & Model. Same for the 120's other than one is bottom intake, the other is rear exhaust.
4) Can I wire the two corsair PWM fans together with a 4 pin y adapter?
5) Are there any advantages/ disadvantages to questions 2,3, and 4?
I also attached some quick math and I will be running about 30 CRM of negative pressure on full blast if my math is right. The 410 has a removable drive cage but I need that and so that's why I went with two 140's in sequence in front and why I felt I might need a side/ bottom intake as well.
flow rates.jpg 51.67KB 3 downloads
Sorry for writing a novel here and thanks for any advice or suggestions you guys could provide.