What is going up on vessel tonight? Part 4? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

What is going up on vessel tonight? Part 4? 

I hope so. I really enjoy the server stuff. it's like what tek syndicate does with the wonderful unprofessionalism that comes with LMG.

Awesome.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Damn, not bad!

My Setups:

• CASE: » CoolerMaster C700M » •  MB:     » ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME »»» LGA 2066 •  CPU:    » Intel i9-9980XE Extreme Edition - 18-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 - 24GB  GDDR6X •  RAM» Corsair Dominator Platinum - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » DeepCool Matrexx 4F » •  MB:     » MSi GodLike Gaming X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6950x Extreme Edition - 10-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » MSi GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING  - 8GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » CoolerMaster CMP 320L » •  MB:     » Atermiter X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6900K - 8-Core @ 3.20Ghz •  GPU:   » Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic Edition - 2GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» G.Skill TridentZ - 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz

Proposing a Kickstarter to get Linus a Lambo

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

Wat

Who's in charge of uploading things to Vessel? They're late. :(

Who's in charge of uploading things to Vessel? They're late. :(

Wat.

It's already up. And it's early. Videos aren't supposed to post until midnight PST.

Wat.

It's already up. And it's early. Videos aren't supposed to post until midnight PST.

My clock is really off then. Sorry.

My clock is really off then. Sorry.

All good :D

I quit watching this series when Linus decided to go full retard and remove the socket holders and mount the CPU + cooler with zipties that were randomly found somewhere in some totally random power supply box. Im sorry, but if you cant wait a few days for an actual cooler bracket and stuff to arrive, you must be some kind of delusional. Linus thinks he can just do anything, that he is some all-mighty god or something that cant get in trouble. It became too much for me, i quit, and i really hope he can stay more professional in future videos like this because that was just completely stupid.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

So what happened with the dual video card config?

Last time in part 2 it did not work with neither the ASUS board, nor the Supermicro one. They did not even post. (At least the ASUS, the supermicro I guess booted after proper CPU mounting, just did not work with dual graphic cards.)

So what changed?

What motherboard do you use? (It's not the first Supermicro, cause it did have 10G eth, right?)

Did you need special custom built BIOS?

I quit watching this series when Linus decided to go full retard and remove the socket holders and mount the CPU + cooler with zipties that were randomly found somewhere in some totally random power supply box. Im sorry, but if you cant wait a few days for an actual cooler bracket and stuff to arrive, you must be some kind of delusional. Linus thinks he can just do anything, that he is some all-mighty god or something that cant get in trouble. It became too much for me, i quit, and i really hope he can stay more professional in future videos like this because that was just completely stupid.

Hey chill Ninja. Like any enthusiast, he got a little overexcited and tried to bung it in anyway. The fact that his hardware is still working on the final system is evidence enough that his confidence wasn't misplaced. Granted, I would never do something like that with my consumer-grade hardware, let alone the gold sticks he's playing with, but at least he didn't break anything.

I think the thing I'm most interested in is the actual workflow improvements something like this will bring. I've never rendered or transcoded video on anything other than my home PC so I'm wondering just how fast this thing can process a video and save it to backup at the same time.

@nicklmg Linus has always maintained that he only accepts sponsorships for products he believes in, have any of you guys tried this HERE hearing device thing? I mean the concept sounds cool but in practice we have no idea how well it works. In the past at least one of the guys at LMG seems to have had used the service/product before or at the least have close friends or family who have done and so have gotten some limited hands on experience that way. If you have indeed been sent a sample to test, can we expect to see a review video on it soon? Thanks.

Why dont you get supermicro to send you one of their barebones? They have 3u chassis with redundant 1280w platinum and 1000w titanium power supplies.

One possible use for this amount of processing power is to do CPU rendering of 3D models and animations. Also, if you were doing crazy animations, a multiple GPU setup might be useful to speed up working on the models.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

Did any one see the Sapphire vaporx graphics card @ 3:22 could be seeing some 290x vs 390x benchmarks?  Please do crossfire to show the benefit of dat extra Vram

1 Timothy 1:15

If rendering why not quadro cards? Titan X for a pro render system doesn't make much sense unless they just want advertisement for Titan X cards bc of sponsorship. 

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

you need a server rack!

is your new storage server PSu redundant?

If rendering why not quadro cards? Titan X for a pro render system doesn't make much sense unless they just want advertisement for Titan X cards bc of sponsorship. 

Are they not using the CPU to do the transcoding/rendering of the video?

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.