Buying a blu ray player.

Kinuubi

Hi. I wanted too ser which players you guys would recommend. I plan on only watching blu ray movies and netflix really. Maybe some HBOGO. I like reliability and easy use. I was thinking the Samsung h6500. What do you guys think?

Hi. I wanted too ser which players you guys would recommend. I plan on only watching blu ray movies and netflix really. Maybe some HBOGO. I like reliability and easy use. I was thinking the Samsung h6500. What do you guys think?

I personally find that sony has the best blu ray players. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDPS5200-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi/dp/B00HPMCO6O/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435010232&sr=1-7&keywords=sony+blu+ray+player

I believe this is the model I have and it's done a good job. Ui is a little slow but it's decently priced for a wifi enabled player. I had an lg before it that was 10 dollars less and it was really rough. It was incapable of smooth playback of upscaled dvd's and it didn't support as many video types unlike the sony one I have now. But that is just me.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I personally find that sony has the best blu ray players. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDPS5200-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi/dp/B00HPMCO6O/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435010232&sr=1-7&keywords=sony+blu+ray+player

I believe this is the model I have and it's done a good job. Ui is a little slow but it's decently priced for a wifi enabled player. I had an lg before it that was 10 dollars less and it was really rough. It was incapable of smooth playback of upscaled dvd's and it didn't support as many video types unlike the sony one I have now. But that is just me.

I like to have a fast resonator ui if possible lol. If it is not like I press a button and it takes a full second to respond I won't like it lol

you could just buy a ps4 as well...it has a very good player 

and then you can play games sometimes as well

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Get an inexpensive one for now (maybe even a refurb one), as an updated bluray format is expected to arrive by the end of the year.

Get an inexpensive one for now (maybe even a refurb one), as an updated bluray format is expected to arrive by the end of the year.

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know

I like to have a fast resonator ui if possible lol. If it is not like I press a button and it takes a full second to respond I won't like it lol

Honestly you could go get a barebones ps3 if you have the budget. It's probably going to be the best blu ray player you can get other than a ps4.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Honestly you could go get a barebones ps3 if you have the budget. It's probably going to be the best blu ray player you can get other than a ps4.

I already have a ps3 in my living room so I don't want to buy another. This is for my room. Purely for watching movies/shows. 

if you want the best bluray player...look at OPPO

https://www.oppodigital.com/products.asp?cat=16

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=oppo+bluray

great Bluray players - i current own an old Oppo 93 and a 105. the 105 has a great DAC chip for music but my Primare SP33 Processor has a better DAC.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

@Kinuubi As others have mentioned, if you're looking to get a "good quality" player, you should hold off until after the holiday season, since UHD 4K certified blu-ray players are going to be coming out later this year, with a revised Blu-Ray spec, that offers a lot more capability compared to the current spec. This will be useful for more than just 4K specifically.

Anyway, if you really want one now, I'd look at getting a basic cheap one that you won't care about keeping long term. Then, when the new BD spec is out, you could upgrade to an actual high-end/good quality model.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thanks guys. I decided to just wait until the new format comes out.