NVIDIA Shield TV in Aus

Hey all,

I'm looking into buying an NVIDIA Shield TV for my living room, but unfortunately its unavailable in Australia.  I was wondering if I have it shipped from the US if it would work without issue?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Hey all,

I'm looking into buying an NVIDIA Shield TV for my living room, but unfortunately its unavailable in Australia.  I was wondering if I have it shipped from the US if it would work without issue?

It will work 100% fine, bear in mind you will have no warranty

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm looking into buying an NVIDIA Shield TV for my living room, but unfortunately its unavailable in Australia.

I bought the shield tablet off Amazon US (I live in NZ) and shipped it with no problems, I just needed a plug adapter for the charger, 240v was no problem. I would say the worst case scenario is you have to get a step-down transformer, but $20 will cover that.

It will work 100% fine, bear in mind you will have no warranty

My shield tablet was first gen so it had the brittle plastic problem (cracked on corners), but Nvidia customer support accepted it so long as I paid the shipping into, and out of the US. Internal US shipping was covered.

I might just be lucky though.

I bought the shield tablet off Amazon US (I live in NZ) and shipped it with no problems, I just needed a plug adapter for the charger, 240v was no problem. I would say the worst case scenario is you have to get a step-down transformer, but $20 will cover that.

My shield tablet was first gen so it had the brittle plastic problem (cracked on corners), but Nvidia customer support accepted it so long as I paid the shipping into, and out of the US. Internal US shipping was covered.

I might just be lucky though.

Sounds lucky, i had an issue with my shield (portable) and they just said go away basically

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sounds lucky, i had an issue with my shield (portable) and they just said go away basically

Ahh that sucks, I'd suggest OP go through a retailer with a good return policy then, Amazon is decent. Hopefully they would deal with it.

Ahh that sucks, I'd suggest OP go through a retailer with a good return policy then, Amazon is decent. Hopefully they would deal with it.

yeah mine was from Amazon, they probably decide on a case by case basis

they MIGHT help, but AFAIK there is no concrete warranty as its not an international one so buy with caution

That said, if there is no other way to get it then there is really no option but to accept the risk

Thanks all,

I've done some digging and found that Australia Post has a service that allows you to buy stuff from the US as if you were there so i'll go with that i think.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

• 4 weeks later...

Just restarting this for another bit of clarification.  Can anyone tell me what the SHIELD TV accepts?  I know the US use 110/120V  but does it still accept 220/240V for us Aussies?

It says 240v - 110v on the power adaptor. I live in Australia and had myus.com mail it to Australia from the USA. I got a simple 10 buck 240v to 110v step down transformer from jaycar. FYI.. The $30 free Google play voucher doesn't work from here in Australia.

On a personal note.. I love it. The controller is solid and faster than an xbox360 controller.. And it works over gamestream (local network pc streaming), but u need to first map it with Xpadder.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I got a simple 10 buck 240v to 110v step down transformer from jaycar.

could you send us the link for the one you got??