Need Help with logitech Remote

ELSknutson

I am Looking to connect my Logitech Harmony One Remote to my Dell Laptop with USB IR sensor attached. All the laptop is going to be used for is Popcorn time and I just want to be able to use the remote to access this program. Does any one know how to accomplish this.

I did this with XBMC, it's really easy. First you need to add a device to your remote.

Device: Computer-----Media Center PC

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Then in the Model box type " MCE Keyboard " (this allows your harmony to have all the keys on a keyboard)

Secondly, and tediously you need to research which keyboard keys act as hot keys in popcorntime and assign the buttons on your remote to do the activity you want. Or you can create your own buttons in the remotes touchscreen pad. Example: "x' on the keyboard is the hot key for stop/pause......"p" is hot key for play....etc (those are not real hotkeys just example). It takes a while to get it all set but I only programed the buttons I thought I would need, I didn't do the entire keyboard.

Hope this helps.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater