iOS vs Android Debate

I think iOS is just simple and smoother than Android - and yes, I've had experience with BOTH.

NOW FIGHT ME ABOUT IT KID

Apple-logo1.jpg

Simple I agree; however, as these OSes are constantly evolving, I think Lollipop has brought parity to the smoothness department, although that is my somewhat educated opinion and may not be representative of your experience or preference (had to include the flame retardant)

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Depend on wether your agruments are logical or emotional.

If you are logical then clearly android wins.
if you are emotionally influenced by advertiseement and the people around you then maybe apple wins.

Simple I agree; however, as these OSes are constantly evolving, I think Lollipop has brought parity to the smoothness department, although that is my somewhat educated opinion and may not be representative of your experience or preference (had to include the flame retardant)

Lollipop has made things much smoother, but has one thing I dislike, its the fact that I can not change all the volume settings without swiping twice and then tapping two times, #firstworldproblems.

Wouldn't BlackBerry be best then?

I wouldn't know for certain. If I remember correctly, blackberry is used by a lot of different intelligence services for a lot of different countries. So it maybe, maybe not.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I actually havent used a Lollipop device, so I wouldnt be able to judge iOS 8.whatever vs Lollipop :(

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Too silly. The TechnoBuffalo version of this video was better. No silly comic sans shit etc. Come on Linus. You can make it funny, but that was pretty low  :mellow:

I was making a joke.

Oh. har har

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Where have you been in the last 3 years where iphones have been left behind in terms of hardware on pretty much every aspect? ;)

Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration if you compare numbers, but in reality, in the last 2 years, Apple has been untouched in cpu performance if you don't think like an Android fanboy and think like an Intel fanboy- only single core cpu performance matters (8350 beats 4690k in multithreaded tasks 12122 vs 13221, while the 4690k wins in single threaded 2417 vs 4073 http://browser.primatelabs.com/processor-benchmarks).It's the same case for Apple vs Snapdragon or Exynos, in this case 5s vs S6 Edge because even A7 being almost 2 years old is still faster in single threaded- 2516 vs 4371 multicore and 1397 vs 1296 http://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks http://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks. But that doesn't matter because more cores and more frequency is better eh? 

Camera, Apple is usually top 2 since the original iPhone. 

Display, Apple is usually number 1 in accuracy or tied for number 1. Greater than 300 ppi means that it's more than sharp enough. Bigger screen size does not mean the phone is better.

RAM, more doesn't mean better- 128gb of ram or however much Linus had running is no better than 8gb for a gamer; same for phones, although for the 6 and 6+, a little more than 1gb would be nice, for the 5s, it's fine (I was able to have 14 apps running at the same time back in iOS 7 when the jailbreak tweak Remove recents which shows only the apps running in the background rather than all the recent apps. It's not compatible with iOS 8 so there's no way of checking that I'm aware of. 

Battery life, iPhones are really competitive doing things that I do most- web browsing. I usually have 30-60% usage times on Safari. Comparing different battery capacities is also pretty flawed. 

Storage, I forgot which company claimed they had 200+gb of storage because they included cloud storage, but that was silly. Anyways, I find 16gb to be more than enough; I rarely go over 60% storage because I stream music and find watching videos on a screen smaller than 9 inches to be silly. Microsd expansion is something that Google wants to walk away from. The storage increase is actually cheaper per gigabyte when you upgrade compared to the S6. $100 for 48GB compare to $80.07 for 32GB.

Really, unless you make flawed comparisons, Apple hardware is usually among the best that money can buy. 

This was today's video? Eh. :c

Oh welp.

Edit: I have tried watching it twice now. Never been able to make it past the half-way point. This video is like having two people on the forum taking shots at each other. In which case I would have just reported you guys and gone on with my day. But I can't do that.

I am going put it blunt, and say it. I hated this video.

Them arguing isn't against CoC but their attitude is the one that they should be reported for.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Found the quality to be a lot less than what I'm used to seeing from this channel. Did not like it.

Who won the debate? http://strawpoll.me/4680621/r

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

To be honest I did not like the outcome of this video, a number of things went wrong. First of all you have 50% more subscribers than him, even if you were defending iOS you would have won because of them. I feel bad for TechnoBuffalo because he now has a stupid number of dislikes thanks to some of the, frankly dickish audience. Also your comebacks were trash Linus! Didn't Android Authority show that Android crashes less than iOS? You completely left that out. Also I'd consider the preloaded antiviruses bloatware, and I'm sure he understands bloat, or maybe he actually needs a non-removable tips app to help him understand his super user friendly, innovative OS. This was kind of a mess, I really wanted to dislike the video because it really was lacking in quality but you insist on it being the way we vote.

<snip>

Windows Phone. Hands down. Simpler, easier to use and only needs to update 1 maybe 2 times a year at the most.

Android updates at least 2-3 times a week

IOS updates maybe half that.

Windows apps are better. Why is there 100k+ apps in IOS and Android vs 10k+  for Windows? 

Why do I need 100k+ apps? I use 30 apps on my phone.

WHY?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Could only make it partway through.

If it were at least a rap battle it might have been entertaining.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

that was a debate?... sure

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Wow, get rekt. Linus didn't hold back, especially at the end when he called out the headphones and called him a phony.

Long time lurker - Vinyl fan - Sim racer

5820K, X99-A, 16gb ram, 512gb 950 Pro, R9 290X, ~5tb of hard drives, Thrustmaster T300, Rift CV1

"It's all in the mind"