Radeon R9 Fury series is based on GCN 1.2 - source Anand

zMeul

source: http://anandtech.com/show/9387/amd-radeon-300-series
2nd source: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-releases-radeon-r9-fury-x-details-exclusive-photos.html

HjO7Ynz.png

---

this should put to rest all those false rumors about Fiji being based on GCN 1.3  -_-

I also said, that my educated guess is that Fiji is a heavily modified Tonga:

Fiji block diagram:

fiji-block-diagram.jpg

Tonga block diagram:

AMD-Radeon-R9-285-Block-Diagram.jpg

select people who called me names because of this ^, should start eating crow

Wait what. Wasn't Fury just not watercooled Fury X? I'm confused.....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

does it matter? HBM and power efficiency gains are the real show-stopper of the Fury lineup, not architecture advancements.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

we're talking about the underlying architecture, not the cooler.

the general consensus right now (which is still speculation) is that the fury is just an air-cooled fury X, and the fury nano is the cut-down version of the fiji game.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Doesn't seem like it, though with how AMD fucking sucks at giving the straight beans of information, who knows. They are skilled at making colourful powerpoint slides that do a good job at saying nothing significant. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

we're talking about the underlying architecture, not the cooler.

the general consensus right now (which is still speculation) is that the fury is just an air-cooled fury X, and the fury nano is the cut-down version of the fiji game.

Yeah that why I don't understand it. Because if you look at anandtech they seem to think/know that the Fury will have the lower yielded Fury X cores.... And therefore, although it is the same GCN1.2 architecture it still a way different card...

And so Fury X = watercooled Fury is just not true.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

no it wasn't, people just assumed so and the misinformation spread like wildfire

I'm not sure why this is news, i kinda thought we knew this

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Doesn't seem like it, though with how AMD fucking sucks at giving the straight beans of information, who knows. They are skilled at making colourful powerpoint slides that do a good job at saying nothing significant. 

They haven't given us anything solid yet because as soon as they do, expectations are set. right now they can still work on drivers for fiji, and considering how close they're getting to the 980ti, they must be pushing the envelope right now. I am expecting nda will lift a few days before release, and reviews will be up then. people seemed to expect reviews and ndas to be up today, when in reality this was a soft launch - in the sense that fiji won't be in stores until the 24th.

Daily Driver:

no, it wasn't people just assumed so and the misinformation spread like wildfire

I watched the live stream and I seem to recall that they said that the Fury X was just a watercooled Fury....

Goddamnit AMD confusing and fucking with everyone

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I found it funny that people think there are driver improvements to be had with the 300 series...

I see it for Fiji, but not the existing cards...

GCN 1.3 would have been nice...
But Tonga on HBM Steroids is still pretty damn good to have.

I watched the live stream and I seem to recall that they said that the Fury X was just a watercooled Fury....

I got that too. Watercooled info VS Aircooled info...

Fury X - W/C - Beast mode with 50-60*c

Fury - A/C - Beast mode with higher temps

Nano - A/C - More than 290x Performance....with less power.

According to the 54 second mark we are right...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah that why I don't understand it. Because if you look at anandtech they seem to think/know that the Fury will have the lower yielded Fury X cores.... And therefore, although it is the same GCN1.2 architecture it still a way different card...

And so Fury X = watercooled Fury is just not true.

no, it wasn't people just assumed so and the misinformation spread like wildfire

I like how you're labeling it misinformation, when anandtech seems to be speculating just as much as everyone else. "fewer". I get the impression they're just making assumptions, like the rest of us. it's a fair assumption - but still an assumption.

Daily Driver:

Yeah, I knew there was more to it.

I mean who the fuck would sell a card for $100 more with an aio..

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

It being cut down is also an assumption, though. Nobody knows what it is, so people are just assuming that it is what they want it to be.

They say they got some specifications but not all, maybe this is them thinking it's gonna be 1.2?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

100 dollars is not a bad price for adding an aio, it covers the chip and the rest of the board

It's not the best price, but not that weird either

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Lisa Su, on stage, said the Fury is a air-cooled version; no where did she said the Fiji GPU version will be the same in Fury X and Fury  ;)

people just assumed so

Gigabyte does this with their hybrid cards.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Lisa Su, on stage, said the Fury is a air-cooled version; no where did she said the Fiji GPU version will be the same in Fury X and Fury  ;)

people just assumed so

and you're assuming it'll be cut down.

Daily Driver:

-snip-

Whatever the OP is being, is it a requirement that you derail any discussion by bringing in external drama for no reason? Take that nonsense to PM and leave it out of these threads. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

people just assumed so

Well duh....

If you say air-cooled version that means that the only change one thing, in this case the cooler. And not the chip

But okay, technically you would be correct. But still it is fucking stupid. You should then have said Fury Max and Fury something.

I hate AMD's naming goddamn it

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Whatever the OP is being, is it a requirement that you derail any discussion by bringing in external drama for no reason? Take that nonsense to PM and leave it out of these threads. 

Is it a requirement that this guy cries in his OP instead of just stating facts?

and you're assuming it'll be cut down.

yes, based on some leaks that point out it will be so - trying to find them, if I do I'll update this post