Amd's fiji series.

monaka25

I do understand that. That's the good thing about HBM. And the question is.. when will NVidia gets hbm? And how will they develop it so fast, like within 3 years, AMD worked atleast 5 years on hbm, not some memory brand, amd did. Idk how NVidia will get HBM :/

Just think.. the day when the low end GPU's will have hbm.. so many years..

Nvidia has HBM2 and will have it on their next cards. Pascal will be released next year sometime. Nvidia also has 4x's the R&D budget of AMD.

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

@ANN1H1L1ST  About the noise :)         http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/399237-amds-r9-fury-x-pump-whine-fixed/page-2#entry5381688

So now you have nothing against it except pure performance :D

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

So this is a thread where people throw reasonable arguments at monaka and he deflects them with his AMD branded shield to white knight for AMD, right? I mean, performance differences are now being downplayed as merely one factor. This is just silly.

So this is a thread where people throw reasonable arguments at monaka and he deflects them with his AMD branded shield to white knight for AMD, right? I mean, performance differences are now being downplayed as merely one factor. This is just silly.

Performance is big, that's why I started another thread asking if the aircooled fury will have the same specs... Hoping to god so, because a aftermarket pcb design can have more power limits, removing that bottleneck of power D:

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

Pretty much this. 

Performance is big, that's why I started another thread asking if the aircooled fury will have the same specs... Hoping to god so, because a aftermarket pcb design can have more power limits, removing that bottleneck of power D:

No the air cooled fury will not have the same specs as a Fury X. When will you realize the 980ti and Maxwell is better and more powerful than Fiji? 

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

Pretty much this. 

No the air cooled fury will not have the same specs as a Fury X. When will you realize the 980ti and Maxwell is better and more powerful than Fiji? 

I realize that.. I just wish amd had a much higher power li mit, with another power connector, and stuff.. I  think that would've given it potential, I do admit that Maxwell is better. The only good thing now, which will  be able to be held on for 1 year for amd, is size ):

I realize that.. I just wish amd had a much higher power li mit, with another power connector, and stuff.. I  think that would've given it potential, I do admit that Maxwell is better. The only good thing now, which will  be able to be held on for 1 year for amd, is size ):

Small size is ok, but if you are an enthusiast wanting max performance then size is not a factor since most of those people have huge cases. Most have custom water cooling loops as well. I have a Corsair 750D so I can fit any card I want without issue. 

PC4_zpsd1jtxxmw.jpg

Better check benchmarks before making a thread guys.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

Small size is ok, but if you are an enthusiast wanting max performance then size is not a factor since most of those people have huge cases. Most have custom water cooling loops as well. I have a Corsair 750D so I can fit any card I want without issue.

PC4_zpsd1jtxxmw.jpg

And not only enthusiast. Even budget mid-tower cases are able to fit any card. My Corsair SPEC-02 can fit my G1 970 easily.

Sad to see how things are going for AMD.

I don't think the Fury X will pull ahead or get cheaper. It has an awkward price position because it costs the same as a card that beats it and overclocks better.

The Fury will have less Stream processors, and the Fury Nano will be like a 290X consuming way less power in a small form factor, like a freaking GTX 970 but with HBM?

Some Nvidia cards can be found in small factors, not 980-980Ti and Titan X sadly, but the gigabyte m-ITX 970 is a good example

Hope AMD catchs up, because at this moment it seems that it doesn't make sense to get the Fury X if it costs the same or more than a 980 Ti

And not only enthusiast. Even budget mid-tower cases are able to fit any card. My Corsair SPEC-02 can fit my G1 970 easily.

Sad to see how things are going for AMD.

I don't think the Fury X will pull ahead or get cheaper. It has an awkward price position because it costs the same as a card that beats it and overclocks better.

The Fury will have less Stream processors, and the Fury Nano will be like a 290X consuming way less power in a small form factor, like a freaking GTX 970 but with HBM?

Some Nvidia cards can be found in small factors, not 980-980Ti and Titan X sadly, but the gigabyte m-ITX 970 is a good example

Hope AMD catchs up, because at this moment it seems that it doesn't make sense to get the Fury X if it costs the same or more than a 980 Ti

Yeah, even some mini itx cases...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjDJNwAANwA

I just refer to the truly small ones, the ones that break boundries, the one that does compromise huge graphics cards.. and there aren't too many cases like that :/