MeMac, and AIO gaming PC in an eMac [ITS DEAD now]

spwath

Pretty cool, perhaps a Hackintosh?

Next year I want to take the shell of a Mac Pro and like build a photo/video editing and gaming workstation (that will run OS X and Windows). I think in attempt to keep the aesthetic of the Mac Pro, I would build an acrylic (clear or frosted-white, not sure) ATX mobo tray and fan mount on the top and find some where to seat 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs. (perhaps rails at the top of the acrylic subframe) (I guess you could call it that even though it wouldn't really be a structural member since anything Apple had intended for structural rigidity will be removed so that I have extra space. I've also considered doing something like this with my Bondi Blue iMac G3 but a flat screen would look rather weird in it, I'm also nervous about working with a CRT since they can hold a large charge for quite some time (which I mean it's been sitting for quite some time now, still afraid there might be some charge left.

No can do on my bad amd hardware

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have a g4, a cube, and 10 emacs. I might try the cube when I have money for itx

I fucking love cubes, almost more than I love G5's :D Please make sure to tag me when the cube build is going down! :)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I fucking love cubes, almost more than I love G5's :D Please make sure to tag me when the cube build is going down! :)

Yeah, that will be in a longgggg time, i need moneys, for new CPU, MB, PSU, and GPU for the cube.

UPDATE SOON FOR MeMac

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

UPDATE 3:

ITS GETTING GOOD

PSU screwed in, Hard drive screwed in, monitor conected to main body, top support to keep top of monitor to main body done.

All i need to do now is atatch MB tray and MB

DSCF52511.jpg

The MB tray, and about where it wil be

DSCF52521.jpg

looking good so far if you ask me.

one question though, are you going to use the original screen ad if yes, how will you connect it to the system, since i don't think apple used the standard connectors.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

one question though, are you going to use the original screen ad if yes, how will you connect it to the system, since i don't think apple used the standard connectors.

he has already replaced the screen with in lcd

really? well i guess that....

image.jpg

No, this:

Yup I didnt really show that part, but what i did was a debezeled a 17 inch monitor, and got some metal sheeting, and atatched it to the eMac bezel via the VESA mount and some screw holes in the eMac bezel.

You can see that in the first pic.

This is getting good.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

This is moving to fast , I demand a custom water loop!

I might.

I will if someone wants to give me a single 120mm rad

Is that clear ring thing in back of the pc a vent?

Yup, and the hole in the back to acces the vent is exactly 120mm.

Is that clear ring thing in back of the pc a vent?

The eMac had only one fan so that's where that one fan got its air.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

this build goes fast, kinda like the speed of it, altough it's a bit more compact then others that i follow

I would imagine the best bet for that vent would be an exhaust, with some inlets on the bottom of the case for fresh air.

negative pressure means more dust though, i would use the back as intake with a filter, slow RPM fan should keep it cool and quiet.

I would imagine the best bet for that vent would be an exhaust, with some inlets on the bottom of the case for fresh air.

Thats how it is set up when its the eMac, but this makes it dusty. Im probably going to have it be an intake, and i might try to make an exhaust out the IO area (I have to figure out the IO too)

this build goes fast, kinda like the speed of it, altough it's a bit more compact then others that i follow

Yeah, for now its fast, might slow down.

The hard part will be getting the MB tray mounted.

Did some more stuff.

Made mb tray, attached mb (only 3 of the 6 standoffs line up, but it's good enough)

Now I have to work on getting mb tray in the emac.

I'll post pics at some point, using my mom's iMac, as my PC is now disassembled.

Funny, I moved the PC parts out of the way so I could sit at the desk, moved my mouse around, couldn't figure out why my monitors were not coming on.

Then realized I disassembled my PC...

I'm having trouble. If anyone wants to give me an matx mb that would help a lot.

But I think I might be able to get this mb in. It's just frustrating. I might need to get a PCI rise r

Good news, I fit the atx board it, and my 180mm air penetrator!!!!

I was just getting frustrated before, now, after a few episodes of friends, I'm good.

Build on hold.

I need a pcie riser. I have no money. I'll get it in like a week

Ordered riser today. Arrives Monday