GameCube PC

Stephen

Hey I was starting to think about making a PC into my old GameCube and I was wondering to get some feedback and ideas.

Here is my conceptual design:

post-16740-0-25857300-1374548450.png

The PSU is on top the motherboard has a 2.5cm cooler and the SSD is mounted on the side. Please help me get some ideas for the GPU I want to integrate the GTX 650 into it whether it means using a PCI cable or not. As you can see my motherboard is a bit large and that will take a bit of case modding but it wont be a problem.

I dont think this would work honestly. Unless you made a steel gamecube replica, then i dont believe it could work

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I dont think this would work honestly. Unless you made a steel gamecube replica, then i dont believe it could work

Why dont u think it will work?

Cooling. Room. Durability. Loosy parts. Lack of sense for this project xD

In other words... do it and prove us wrong ;p

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Cooling. Room. Durability. Loosy parts. Lack of sense for this project xD

In other words... do it and prove us wrong ;p

love the post im gonna try and if it doesnt work ill put it in a mini itx case

as long as you mock up lots and make sure everything stays half decently cool it should be awesome man

Hmm, I don't think this would work, I just looked over at my GameCube then I looked at my power supply, practically the same size

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

This might be interesting/useful:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks Wooden might use that io supplier for the back case mod. Thanks for the suggestion!

post-16740-0-66885800-1374554469_thumb.p

post-16740-0-59385200-1374554476_thumb.p

post-16740-0-39850400-1374554485.png

These were the parts I was looking at. They total to around $350

I don't think there would be enough room in a GameCube, I was wanting to build a PC out of an NES but due to the lack of space for a GPU I gave up on that project.

I don't think there would be enough room in a GameCube, I was wanting to build a PC out of an NES but due to the lack of space for a GPU I gave up on that project.

I know there wont be enough room but i will do some case modding to help with the mobo and I am using an apu and a pico psu so I have plenty of room

ive seen console mods with the psu out of the case. do you necessarily need the psu inside the gamecube?

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

I changed my mind for the power supply and went with a pico psu like this one:

post-16740-0-29855200-1374764007.png

and it will be powered by dc through a small power brick like this:

post-16740-0-74667100-1374764020.png

I would say to use an AMD APU which has the processor and a mid-low range radeon someshit built into it. Would save you space from having to put in a discrete graphics card. Or hell even one of those Haswell mini-ITX boards since those also have on board graphics as well iirc.

I know there wont be enough room but i will do some case modding to help with the mobo and I am using an apu and a pico psu so I have plenty of room

Oh ok I think there may be enough room if using an APU and if you use an external power supply. My main problem with my NES build was that I wanted to have a seperate GPU. Hope everything works out for you. Can we see pics when complete?

Oh ok I think there may be enough room if using an APU and if you use an external power supply. My main problem with my NES build was that I wanted to have a seperate GPU. Hope everything works out for you. Can we see pics when complete?

Yeah if u look at the nes build on the build logs he used a descrete graphics ard by using a pci cable. I will be using an apu in my build tho

• 1 year later...

Thanks Wooden might use that io supplier for the back case mod. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah if u look at the nes build on the build logs he used a descrete graphics ard by using a pci cable. I will be using an apu in my build tho